Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Pics
Quote:
PM'd you
big_smile.png

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but, I have a dozen B/B/S JG eggs ont the way from Bobbi Porto this week! I bought another bator as a hatcher too !

I think I've caught the hatching virus thats going around, you know the one, it causes an inability to pass up fertile eggs, lack of sleep due to constant heat/humidity checks, ear strain from listening intently for cheeping from eggs, neck pain from bending over to watch the babies hatching and fluffing up? Yeah, I got it bad- not to mention my chicken addiction that drives me to need AT LEAST 2 of every breed! Somebody stop me!
barnie.gif
I might have to get an increase in my monthly chicken budget from DH
wink.png

Anyways, I cant wait to get my new eggy babies and pop them in. My first time with shipped eggs. I really hope I do this right! I already have a few home grown eggs in the egg turner, so I'm gonna have to figure this out quick! My last batch was 100% hatch, I'm not expecting to repeat that with shipped eggs though. Just have to make sure I time everything right.

Any advice for hatching shipped eggs would be great, and any pics of your chickens that came from Bobbi Porto would be really awesome!!!

Kathyinmo- I'm jealous!! I wish I could have had some test eggs too!!!
smile.png

Last edited:
we found a nice pair of black jersey giants; pullet and cockerel. we will raise the blacks for now. maybe find a splash rooster later. our older black giant hens have gotten pretty large and are laying great.

Back
Top Bottom