Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Pics
Love the JG chicks everyone!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
They ARE fat! Those are some heavy little chicks. It must be all yolk, LOL, my humidity was 30% and 70% for lockdown.

So, are they black or blue????

I think that would be real neat if they were all different hues of blue. Then I could tell them apart easier, LOL. And your chicks are soooo cute! Thankyou so much for giving me this opportunity. To me, these are very special birds. Thankyou, Kathy

I have a new chick!!! YAY!!

I bought B/B/S Jersey eggs from Bobbi Porto a few weeks ago, and 8 made it to lockdown. They went in the bator on the evening of May 1st, and today one baby hatched!

But- I MISSED IT!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
I went out with the family to distract myself from the whole watching the bator, since I wasnt really expecting any hatching to start till tomorrow. Not to mention there werent even any pips when I left (didnt hear any peeping either) I thought it was safe to leave- darn it! That sucker hatched FAST, we were only gone a few hours!!

And of course now I have another egg that pipped 3 hours ago, and its being stubborn and wont progress while I'm watching it!!
barnie.gif

I cant wait to see what colors I get. I think the first chick is a black, but it is looking kinda 'silvery', not as black as some JG chicks I've seen. I will post pics, just as soon as I have a few more hatch so I can compare colors.

Wish me luck guys- I'm so excited I'm doing the happy chicky dance!
wee.gif
<-------- thats me tonight!

Quote:
Awww, <<<blushing>>> You are so very welcome! I am very glad you have them!

Now, let's see .... what do ya wanna hatch next?
lau.gif

I have a new chick!!!

suzettex5 .... Congratulations!
woot.gif
I look forward to seeing your pictures!
clap.gif

Good luck, Suzette! Some of mine pip at night and zip the next day. Very irritating! LOL.

I have a question. With a black chicken from a B/B/BS hatch, does the black chicken have better chances of producing blue offspring?

Back
Top Bottom