Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Pics
Hunter Dont worry the darker the neck the better. they go from this to this before you know it.
1737_img_0107.jpg

1737_img_0483.jpg

Sugar Sand, they are quite lovely, but most of my boys are solid except for neck and hackles,being the same color, the tail and wings are the same in color as the rest of the body. Yours is beautiful but different, maybe I will get one or two that will look more like yours with the darker wings and hackles.

Hunter the 2 boys in that picture were 3 months old at the time this is what they grew up to be If you look the blue cockerel is the same color all over at 3 months but at 8 months they were show winners. This is a pic of the 2 grown up
1737_img_0617.jpg

Quote:
Thanks for the photos. My blue adult roos are consistantly the same over their bodies and darker on the neck and hackles. Most of my 2-3 month olds are starting the same as the former roos. But I have two, 3-4 week-olds that are different are showing the different color on the wings; they may turn out to be more like your photos as adults.

Last edited:
Remember my one JG that hatched when I forgot about the egg in the bator?

31282_jg_chick_4-23-10_001.jpg

31282_jg_chick_4-23-10_002.jpg

About 3 weeks old ....

50076_jgaround3wksold_003.jpg

50076_jgaround3wksold_006.jpg

50076_jgaround3wksold_002.jpg

Today, at 9 weeks old .....

31282_6-26-10_pictures_050.jpg

31282_6-26-10_pictures_052.jpg

31282_6-26-10_pictures_057.jpg

I thought it was gonna be black! AND, I thought it was a boy. I now think Blue girl !

Last edited:
I'm pretty new to BYC and chickens in general. I was wondering if someone would be able to help me in identifying three of my chicks. In the pictures the chicks are about 8 weeks old. I'm from NS, Canada so when we chose our mixed flock we picked out winter hardy birds. The buff orps and the barred rocks are obvious. It's the two black chickens and the white chicken I'm curious about. In my mix I was to get 4 JG, 4 BPR, and 4 BO. The white one looked a lot like the BO's until a few weeks ago - her face has really filled out and she really more closely resembles the black JG? hen I have. Also, I have a black roo whick I thought was a JG - it was the biggest chick in the flock for quite a while but his growth rate has since slowed and he now seems much smaller against the other chicks - he looks more like a bantam of some sort.... Any help/advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
Quote:
In the first 2 pictures, do they have beards and muffs? They are very pretty birds. I agree, I think # 3 is a bantam, but I do not know what. Sorry I can not be of more help. I wonder if the first 2 are blue/green egg layers.

The two pullets do have muffs/beards - a couple of people suggested they may be EE's - I guess I'll just have to wait and see if they'll lay colored eggs
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom