Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Pics
That's what I meant, but blue was shorter.
lol.png

Bluemoon

Funny you should mention that. I just read an article that says "Blue Giants," (actually, any breed) means Blue, Black, and Splash (because blue over blue = blue, black, and splash). "Black Giants," (or any breed) means Black over Black (which = 100% black). I was also told that the term, "B/B/S," is an uncommon phrase; that it usually just called, "Blue." Anyway, I found it interesting.

Good luck on your hatch! Can hardly wait to see the pictures!

Quote:
Wynette, I did not even look at the legs! Yes, I think you are right!

Good luck with your Bobbi Porto babies! Do you have pictures?

Pullet.

Can someone post a picture of a newly hatched Black Jersey Giant? Are they born with black legs and feet?

Last edited:
I have to update my pics. Kathy's JG's are 8 weeks old. Out of 7, I think 4 are pullets, 2 are cockerels, and one question mark. On one cockerel, I can see a few real shiny feathers on his upper back.
Kathy, my last hatchee, the one born breech with poop in the shell and rapid breathing turned out to be a pullet. I named her Jackie Blue. She's going to be a lap sitter for sure. She's already been on my head.

Quote:
I'll have some chicks to post soon. A bunch more pipped while I was at work, and are resting now. We will probably have a chick or two drying off in the incubator soon. At least by morning.

Bluemoon

Hey all!! Finally wne t and took a few new pics of my B/B/S Jersey chicks! They hatched the 2 days following mothers day in May, so they are about 7-8 weeks old now.

I would love to hear what you guys think! I have 2 more, but they are black, and didnt have time to get any more pics. What color would you call each one, and any guesse as to roo vs. pullet? These are Bobbi Porto stock. I am so happy with them, the last pic is my favorite so far, s/he is so mild mannered and calm, very soft silky feathers, very feminine somehow!
wink.png

32504_blue_jersey_chicks_006.jpg

32504_blue_jersey_chicks_004.jpg

32504_blue_jersey_chicks_003.jpg

32504_blue_jersey_chicks_001.jpg

I'll be trying to get more pics later. And, yes, that IS a Huggies box in the background, LOL, I used it to transport the chicks from our garage brooder to the new outside coop. With 2 kids in diapers, I have an abundance of boxes I can use to move birds around in- very convenient!

So, roos? Pullets? And what would you call the colors? See any splash potentials?

Back
Top Bottom