Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Pics
Am really glad I found this! I love JG's!! I had started with (4) 4 month olds back in march - they were supposed to be 1 roo 3 hens...ended up being 2/2.....the roos were developing beautifully but the larger one was actually beating up on the other roo and all the hens....I have a RIR that has no feathers on her head and the JG hens have bald spots...so I sold him, gorgeous as he was, thinking the other rooster was more docile...not. What am I doing wrong? He has turned out to be just as aggressive....none of them go after me, in fact they run away, but I thought these were supposed to be sweet roos....So I bought a blue hen and rooster who are free ranging and are sweet....and beautiful too! Love that blue! So any suggestions?? My big black boy is handsome, but a little evil....and I dont want him to go to camp. Thanks!
Mel

Quote:
Thanks for the guess Tinman!! I hope youre right!! Her feet are pretty yellow, I took the pics in evening light and her feet were pretty dirty. I was just showing size more than color. I am just amazed at the size of the feet on that bird for its age, if I listen closely, I can hear the THUMP of its feet when it runs by me!! Soooo cool!

I would LOVE to see pics of the bottoms of other Jersey feet, maybe we can all compare. Its hard though, since cameras and computers have different color settings, and flash and outside light can make a big difference. I would still like to see the pics though.

Currently the color of the bottom of my Jersey Giants feet is ..... clay. Muddy clay soil!
gig.gif

Suzette, that is a great idea. I will try to get pictures sometime this week. We do have more rain in the forecast the next 2 - 3 days. So, I will wait until after that. I hate tromping around in mud and puddles. I think Missouri is just a big rock sprinkled with a little dirt. The drainage here is awful.

Back
Top Bottom