Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Pics of my Jersey Giant chicks I hatched outta Kathyinmo's eggs. And no, you arent seeing things, there are 3 baby quail in there that my son hatched at the same time as these chicks! They are all doing so well and we are in chickie heaven around here!

32504_hrtegg_ethan_boys_jgchicks_snake_032.jpg

32504_hrtegg_ethan_boys_jgchicks_snake_031.jpg

32504_hrtegg_ethan_boys_jgchicks_snake_035.jpg

10 little chicks, I wish they stayed small longer!

THANK YOU KATHY!!!

Quote:
Hhmmmm, I was gonna say girl. I am just no good at sexing, until they crow or lay an egg!
gig.gif

Seminole .... My favorite is the very darkest blue.
love.gif
I just love the dark blues in all breeds!

Suzette...
woot.gif
YAY ! ! ! You have chickies! This was your first time incubating, right? You did a great job!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Kathy! We are all excited about these babies! We have incubated before, but this was our most successful hatch out of shipped eggs. I think it helps to have good eggs that were packaged well, and came from excellent stock. Although I do think I need t upgrade to a better incubator since mine seems to be having some weird swings in temps this whole past week (just tossed a few EE eggs in to run a test).Now I wonder if my hygrometer was off the whole hatch with your eggs... Hopefully I have even better luck next hatch.
fl.gif

Thanks again Kathy!

Quote:
Hhmmmm, I was gonna say girl. I am just no good at sexing, until they crow or lay an egg!
gig.gif

Seminole .... My favorite is the very darkest blue.
love.gif
I just love the dark blues in all breeds!

Suzette...
woot.gif
YAY ! ! ! You have chickies! This was your first time incubating, right? You did a great job!
thumbsup.gif

Yea, the dark blues are pretty. I just love the ones with the "lacing". It's so pretty. These JG's are the most friendly lay back, don't mind being picked up, follow me around, what a nice batch!

Hopefully the splash is a pullet, but either way, it's a real nice chicken and I'll be holding on to him/her.

Ya know .... I was just reading that a Splash roo over a Black hen produces the nicest blues. I am hoping for a Splash roo now, since I sold mine (darn it!)....

Wynette has said pullet from the beginning, and Seminole says pullet. So, I am gonna guess it is pullet on this Giant, too .... These pictures are not the best, but I still do not see pointy saddle feathers.

31282_8-20-10_232.jpg

31282_8-20-10_279.jpg

31282_8-20-10_234.jpg

My black Jersey has a few brown feathers on his back. Does that mean anything? I thought he was a guy at first but now I'm not so sure.

Back
Top Bottom