Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Quote:
Actually, I have 3 adjoining pens that are opened up for them. I wanted to be sure they have PLENTY of room to run and hide if need be. However, it has not been a problem yet. I have 16 roosters penned.

Quote:
Actually, I have 3 adjoining pens that are opened up for them. I wanted to be sure they have PLENTY of room to run and hide if need be. However, it has not been a problem yet. I have 16 roosters penned.

yOWZA!!

Good morning, fellow Giant lovers! Hope you all had a WONDERFUL 4th of July weekend!!!

Beautiful pics posted recently:

theoldchick - LOVE the pic of all your Jerseys on a roost! I agree w/fifelake - they do appear to be ready to break out in song! Super cute.

soaring - Love that comparison pic of your two splash pullets. I like what I see!!!!

Having been a "Jersey girl" for most of my life, I felt it only fitting that I test the waters of the Jersey Giant. I posted my chicks a couple of weeks ago and I have to say, they are quickly finding a place in my heart...and my coop. Here is my favorite of the moment at 3 weeks old. I currently have blue, black and splash chicks but this blue is making a big impression. Personality plus!

73072_dsc_2814.jpg

Last edited:
OK a question for all of you "Giants" fans. How are the giants as a meat bird? How quickly Or slowly do they mature? How is the flavor? If you crossed a giant for meat prod. what breed would you use? Thanks

I absolutely love my black Jersey Girl. she has such a personality and is top hen in the flock. We didn't know if she was going to be a she when we got her, so we just called her JG (I know not very inventive), but now that it is for sure a she we call her Jersey Girl and she is my 2 year old son's favorite as well. Out of 9 chicken she is the only one that will let my son pet her. He can also feed her out of his hand. It's so funny to watch them because where ever my son goes, she isn't too far behind.

Here is a pic of my son making his muddle puddle and of course JG has to keep tabs on him

76248_calvin_jg.jpg

Oh did I mention she isn't camera shy either

76248_jg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom