Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Quote:
I know what you mean. And, if you're at all like me, I'll see something written and then have a question about it - that is unanswered the further I read.
rant.gif

Yes I have been there a few times!
Told hubby the wyandotte's are his he can read and work on them himself! I get right to what I'm looking for and then.... Nothing.
Don't get me started on my Javas !
I have the auburn Javas and they are not in the book and I go by the blks on them since they can throw blks.
It still lives me with lots of ?'s.
Hey just a heads up Duane Urch district 5 in the 2010 sop book prices for 2012 is $7 a chick min of 25.
( from what I hear) he has white jg's and blk jg's
I have gotten chicks from him and they turned out very nice.( not jg's)
I am thinking hard of getting some of both from him this spring.
I'm not big on white birds but the whites are so hard to come by.
No website but if anyone wants his info I can pass the phone # and the email you can get him at.

Last edited:
Soaring, really good whites are SUPER difficult to come by; the breeder of my youngsters is working on whites and hatched out something like 96 recently, from a very reputable breeder (I just spoke with her yesterday), and I THINK she said she ended up keeping just two.
ep.gif

Yeah that's not a number anyone would hope for.
I'm still in thinking mode, but still know more people need to work on whites.
From what you said more top noch breeders.
Though would be good to keep a few never know if they just might be the ones someone was looking for.
Oh well hubby would flip out anyway if he knew what goes on in my mind when it comes to chickens.
hide.gif

Quote:
Yes, I know that.
wink.png
The first chick I hatched from my Splash girl, Lizzy, was a Splash mix with a pea comb. The chick I hatched out last night has a single comb, with the correct leg color etc.

~Aspen

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
I didn't think about that! I hatched out a Splash JG cockerel a couple months ago with a pea comb. I was hoping the chick that hatched wouldn't be a mix, and yeah! It isn't!
woot.gif

~Aspen

hu.gif

Quote:
My DH flipped out and we had some very....um....animated..."conversations" about my chicken math abilities. Now, though, after I've been into them for several years, he just rolls his eyes. HA! He's actually an enabler, as much as he won't admit to that.

I do hope we find some really nice whites eventually.

Quote:
My DH flipped out and we had some very....um....animated..."conversations" about my chicken math abilities. Now, though, after I've been into them for several years, he just rolls his eyes. HA! He's actually an enabler, as much as he won't admit to that.

I do hope we find some really nice whites eventually.

yep thats mine!
gig.gif
He complains to me brags about them to everyones else and has two colors of wyandottes himself.
Just asked if I wanted to go check out the big poultry sale in pa tonight.
smack.gif
and
lau.gif
,&
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom