Jersey Giants

If you want, tomorrow I could try chasing them and see how high they fly?
Aww, don't do that! Well, they are your chickens, so it doesn't really matter. I just personally can't STAND it when little kids (or big ones!) chase my pullets/hens. It makes me seethe inside because I worked so hard to tame them! But then again, because my goal is to have good layers--but mostly friendly pet chickens--then I don't like most people doing things with them anyways... I'm just kind of greedy/protective with my animals, lol. :p

Aww, don't do that! Well, they are your chickens, so it doesn't really matter. I just personally can't STAND it when little kids (or big ones!) chase my pullets/hens. It makes me seethe inside because I worked so hard to tame them! But then again, because my goal is to have good layers--but mostly friendly pet chickens--then I don't like most people doing things with them anyways... I'm just kind of greedy/protective with my animals, lol. :p
I get what you mean :) mine are both roosters with attitude, I usually have to chase them around with the hose anyway when they start acting up on me. I'd never do it to my good behaving hens

Mine seem to behave pretty well as far as fences. I only have 2 Jersey Giant roosters and they barely leave the ground. If you want, tomorrow I could try chasing them and see how high they fly?
Please don't do that. The reason I was asking this. I have a small chicken house with a run that is raccoon and hawk safe. Adjacent to it is a fair sized pen enclosed by field fencing. I would like to allow the big chickens to run around in this larger pen during the day. I would lock them up at night for their own safety. I was just wondering if this pen would hold them. I am hoping it would.

Please don't do that. The reason I was asking this. I have a small chicken house with a run that is raccoon and hawk safe. Adjacent to it is a fair sized pen enclosed by field fencing. I would like to allow the big chickens to run around in this larger pen during the day. I would lock them up at night for their own safety. I was just wondering if this pen would hold them. I am hoping it would.
Don't worry, they're bratty ;) I wouldn't do it if they behaved their boundaries. I just use the hose.

I have field fencing surrounding my place, and so far my Jersey Giants haven't crossed over. My big Brahmans used to when I owned them though, I don't know how closely they compare

I get what you mean :) mine are both roosters with attitude, I usually have to chase them around with the hose anyway when they start acting up on me. I'd never do it to my good behaving hens
Oh, yeah, you did say they are both roosters! Lol. That's good that you're not scared of them and don't let them chase you...that's a lot of people's problems with mean roosters, I feel like. :p

Oh, yeah, you did say they are both roosters! Lol. That's good that you're not scared of them and don't let them chase you...that's a lot of people's problems with mean roosters, I feel like. :p
I love my Roos and I wouldn't want them to be someone else's problem, so I try to do my best to whip 'em into shape.(not literally lol) :D I think I'm improving on getting them to respect my space, they're still trying sneaking up behind me though. Maybe I should wear spiked leather pants :lol: that'll teach em
I wish they'd take after my Lav Orphington, he is the best rooster I've ever had!

Back
Top Bottom