Jersey Giants

plschick1210

Songster
Mar 29, 2018
Eastern, NC
I have Blue, Black and white Jersey Giants what mix would I use to attempt to get blue splash? I am sure it would be luck of the draw getting a splash but what combo works best? The white and blue? Is this even possible. I love my Jersey Giants they are by far my favorite breed but this will be my first time with the blue and the white. I've had black jerseys for a few years now.

Too bad you don't have a blue rooster too. Normally (like with the Blue Australorp's), breeding blue to blue, the chick's can be black, blue, and splash. Then you could breed the blue to the splash, and the chick's would come out being 1/2 blue's and 1/2 splash's.

I have Blue, Black and white Jersey Giants what mix would I use to attempt to get blue splash? I am sure it would be luck of the draw getting a splash but what combo works best? The white and blue? Is this even possible. I love my Jersey Giants they are by far my favorite breed but this will be my first time with the blue and the white. I've had black jerseys for a few years now.
Blue x blue = blue and splash
splash x splash = splash
black x splash = blue
black x black = black
black x blue = blue, black, splash
I'm not sure what you will get with the whites
but if you have a splash rooster the resulting chicks will all be some shade of blue

Back
Top Bottom