Jest Another Day in Pear-A-Dice - Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm in Alberta

Tara, seems to have been a slight miscommunication on my part. Since our national bird is "laulujoutsen" in Finnish, and "sångsvan" in Swedish, I assumed the direct translation would be "song swan", but after looking it up it seems it's name in English is whooper swan. That's what I meant to ask about, not imply anything else. It's a beautiful bird, sadly it only lives in the northern parts of our country during it's visits here. In the south we only get mute swans, they can be pretty to look at too, but they're a tad aggressive with their babies around. Here are a few pics of some mute swans I snapped at our cottage.

This pair has been spending summers there for as long as I can remember. This summer they lost all their young, but the summer before that I think they managed to raise 4 through the summer. Don't know what happened to them after their migration, but hopefully they're alive and kicking.

Always late to the party. Tara, thanks for the invite. My computer has been out for almost two days. Talk about crazy!!!! Can we talk addiction here?
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom