JMF Quail Update!

sniper338

Songster
9 Years
Dec 15, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Well my valintines day present eggs are all doing well.. they hatched around about march 1st.... so they are right at 8 weeks old now.... i have them all in the permanent cages and somewhat crowded... but no problems... these birds have an amazing temperment so far... no fighting no nothing... i still dont know whos male and whos female with the A&M birds... i have not once heard a crow out of anyof them yet... which is weird.... at 8 weeks id expect them to crow... but robby at jmf said hes breed them to where they dont get sexually active until 10-12 weeks old... that way they mature up good before they start laying... so thats a good thing... i tried separating the a&ms out by the chirping cricket noise the females make.... but o kind of gave up bevause most all of them started doing it.... i hope i have a few males the way it looks....

As far as the brown coturix... i got 6 males and 17 hens... not a bad ratio...

they all have been going through their first molt this past two weeks... feathers have been EVERYWHERE!!

No problems at all yet... just flies and stink haha... ive had a war on flies going on... i aint cleaned poop trays quite enough... but i got a system fixed up today for that... so hipefully fly larva wont make it as far now. The summers rough... its been 100 degrees everyday now... 101 in the shade but they are all doing well as long as the door stays open and they have a breeze... they pant pretty hard like a dog... but i havent lost any yet... so far so good. Ill be hatching and selling pretty soon now!!

Well just about everything that was fertile hatched... accidently killed one or two... about 15 that werent fertile.... with all the eggs i had a 73 or 76% hatch?? I have a thread on it all somewhere.... they are good though... about the best stock you can get.... the a&ms are very tame... all have had a great temperment so far... no fighting at all... so far..... haha. We will see... incubate them right and you should have a good hatch over a 3 or 4 day span at the longest...

Back
Top Bottom