JMHatchery experience

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Well I ordered them last week...they shipped on Wed. Got them This morning SAT and they were ALL very healthy and happy acting. Even more so now that they got food and water [​IMG] I'm VERY happy with them and will order from JMHatchery again next year [​IMG] We ordered 25 and we got 26 Possibly even 27 (they are SO hard to count)! LOL

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    OH and I weighed them all and they are all weighing in at 1 ounce (being the smallest one) and 1.5 being the largest. I'm going to weigh them once a week to keep track.

3. UncleHoot

UncleHoot Songster

May 22, 2007
    St. Johns, Michigan
    Wow, you got them 3 days later and they were all healthy? That's impressive!

I just now ordered 150 from JM, for the July 8th hatch date. I'm going "totally Ranger" for the second half of the summer. [​IMG] But leaving behind the "tried and true" cornish x's is difficult, and I'm hoping I don't regret the move.

I'm also upping my prices to $2.25/lb, if anyone is keeping track. My processor raised his prices, plus with these birds having a higher FCR than cornish, I'd still like to make at least a buck per chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: