1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

jobs...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lovesduckies, Jan 25, 2012.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Is anyone else having a hard time finding a job or is it just my hubby and I?

We've been looking for ages with no luck. I want to kick out roommates out!!! I'm tired of them!!!!! :/

2. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    I don't think it is you. It took me 3 years to find a good, stable job, and I had to settle for less than I made before I got my degree to get it, too. I am just hoping it pays off soon & I get a raise. It is tough out there.

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    You are not alone for sure. Really tough... It was easier to get a job when I was young and hot [​IMG] Now that I am 52 and chunky its a lot harder [​IMG]

4. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    His son has been out of work for 2 years. This is a man with a masters degree.

I've been our of work since Sept. And i hold 2 degrees related to what I do for a living.

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I am a SAHM. My husband is in the army since 96. He posted his resume somewhere onlin eand he was offered a job with some railroad company as a supervisor making 58K starting pay and he still has a few years left until he retires.

6. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Well we are both still in school. He's going to graduate with his AA soon and I still have a bit to go. But we are just having trouble finding even a part time job. He just got a forklift cert hoping that would help and now everyone wants experience. How is he supposed to get it if no one will give him a chance? It's frustrating!!! I keep filling out applications with no word back ever! And a lot of places have applications on line. I hate that too so much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by