Join DUCK Club!

Pics
I feel like it shouldn't be a problem as long as they are small enough for them to eat. I plan on getting a couple yellow ones from TSC sometime this year. It'll probably be later this summer.
I am also wondering about wild strawberries. The plants grow in the caged in area where my ducks and chickens will be. Should I leave them or get rid of them?

We have 2 pekin ducks which were suppose to be my sons so they never really imprinted on any of us. But my husband and I wanted to get some ducks for our garden. Which breed do you think would be the best? I love our 2 pekin ducks they will bite everyone but me lol but I'm not sure how they would do in the garden. They have free range of the property and have attached to our chickens that are in a coop.

We have 2 pekin ducks which were suppose to be my sons so they never really imprinted on any of us. But my husband and I wanted to get some ducks for our garden. Which breed do you think would be the best? I love our 2 pekin ducks they will bite everyone but me lol but I'm not sure how they would do in the garden. They have free range of the property and have attached to our chickens that are in a coop.
I think runner ducks will be good for your garden. My 2 pekins since they are too big to fly away like my khakis are we were just going to put them in the garden so they got some use to them

my khakis and rouen definitely love to forage and are light enough not to trample everything, we don’t have a garden but my pekin boys would definitely ruin it lol

my khakis and rouen definitely love to forage and are light enough not to trample everything, we don’t have a garden but my pekin boys would definitely ruin it lol
I was worried about the pekin doing that lol they are big fatties with roaming and still getting feed. Lol our farm store has a small selection of ducks they carry. So I was trying to get a feel for the best breed. Thank you for your help:)

I would imagine they would be fine. They are allowed to eat them. Ducks just can't having anything super acidic or citrus like oranges
I always Google stuff the birds can have before I feed them anything. I always look at a few different sources to be sure. But I'm pretty sure that they are ok for the birds.

I always Google stuff the birds can have before I feed them anything. I always look at a few different sources to be sure. But I'm pretty sure that they are ok for the birds.
I always google too. I read avocados were like the satan for ducks but can't remember why. I think it just made their stomach upset can't remember

Back
Top Bottom