Joining the club:)

japayne

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 1, 2011
Just found the site and so glad I did. New to chickens, but loving everyday so far. They are so enjoyable and everytime I see them they bring a smile to my face. We are a family of four, with two children, 4and 6, and they are so excited about the new adventure. We are all happy to be part of the family. I spent all spring building and preparing a coop for 10-12 chickens, and what started out as a small and inexpensive venture turned out to be the Taj Ma Coop. When it came time to get our chickens, we had a hard time finding some. After a period of time, we found someone in town who had purchased too many for codes to allow, so we got them, ALL of them. 21 to be exact. Needless to say, we had to scramble to erect another coop in order to house all of the chickens. They are approximately 4 months old and seem very healthy and happy. We have three breeds, RIR, Buff Orpingtons, and Black Sex-links. I wasn't going to keep them all, but once I got them I couldn't let them go.
smile.png
They're soooo cool. any way, I'm sure we'll have some of "those days", but we are very excited about our chickens. Looking forward to learning the new hobby. Thanks and have a blessed day:)

Back
Top Bottom