Joining the ranks of cage-free eggs!

Life is Good!

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2011
suburbia Chicagoland
Hello! I'm joining the ranks for cage-free eggs for our family by forging a NEW path for us....venturing into this wonderful, wacky world called 'chicken ownership'! I've changed our family's history by planting gardens for the past 8yrs - and EATING our OWN produce! I've learned to make our own jelly (from our 'vintage' concord grape vines that came with the property) - I've even learned to tap our own maple trees to make our own syrup - yummy stuff! So, it's time to start enjoying the benefits of a broader range of food-stuffs. The amount of milk we drink (and yogurt consumed) makes me suspicious about homesteading...this might lead to a cow or two! Eep! Not there yet....one step at a time! And our city ordinance won't allow dairy - goats, yes, but not dairy. And I don't like goats milk, I'm a city kid.

Been a lurker on these boards for many many months. Been building our coop since last fall, but winter slammed hard quick and I didn't get it finished, so now, on the verge of obtaining our own Java chickens! Can't wait!!!

Thanks for having such great information on this site....and awesome folks like you to help one another. What a blessing! I'm excited to share our journeys with all of you!

-- Blessed are the flexible, for they will not break. --

Hello
frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Hesperia,Ca
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom