Joining the UPA

Lil Zoo

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 5, 2012
Southeast, Iowa
I joined the UPA Peafowl Association. Dues are very little and you enjoy Peafowl Today magazine I think 6 x's a year. Also your name is in their directory. Turned out very beneficial. I got a call that a lady had a white peahen that just showed up on her property. She could not find anyone who raised peafowl anywhere in the area. She very much enjoyed watching this big white bird but feared it would be killed by var-mates. Her neighbors found my name on the UPA directory. They called and wondered if I'd take the white peahen. I think everyone knows I've been wanting white peahens. Well easily confused this time a year as we all know, but with a few eye feathers left I knew her peahen was a Peacock. I showed her pictures of mine. She sure wished she was younger (she is 92 years old) and could build a pen after seeing a picture of my beautiful white Peacock and enjoy him this spring but decided that he would be better off with us. We promised her plenty of pictures and even a visit this spring and he now resides at our place. We have named him Mr. Wonder. If we only knew his story.

Congrats. The UPA is a great organization and its good to see you have realized some of the benefits. For all those peafowl lovers out there, join the UPA!

So where is the Photo of this mysterious bird?
barnie.gif

PLEAZZZZZZZZZ
wee.gif

Congrats. The UPA is a great organization and its good to see you have realized some of the benefits. For all those peafowl lovers out there, join the UPA!
I think I might of met you at the convention for the few hours I was able to attend. I spent the majority of time in the hospital with salmonella poisoning. I learned a lot in the few hours at the round table discussion though.

I truly enjoy the UPA. The magazine is one-of-a-kind and the people are so much fun. LilZoo, I might have met you at the convention. Hope you had a good time.

I truly enjoy the UPA. The magazine is one-of-a-kind and the people are so much fun. LilZoo, I might have met you at the convention. Hope you had a good time.
I'm the one that made it a few hours to the round table talk. Then I went to the hospital with Salmonella poisoning. I learned a lot in the short time I was there though and met some really awesome people. I seen some just gorgeous peacock items that they were going to auction on Saturday night
hit.gif
Probably better I missed that. I love anything to do with peacocks. I had visited the Hopkins farm when I bought a Midnight BS peacock, but it is so amazing I think I could go thru his place once a week and would still be in awe. He and Lisa are the most patient helpful couple to us newbies. His website is packed full of information, too. He started out as a young boy raising peafowl. Matti my G-daughter loves the peafowls, she is about the age Craig was when he started. I wanted just to enjoy a few peacocks but this adventure is a learning experience and hopefully small business for her. She loves to talk peacock and show them off. My name is Betty I live in Iowa.

Not changing the subject about the UPA here,,but about white peafowl.Seems I have about 3-4 solid whites from my BSSP pen.I've stared at them a lot and aside from picking them up and turning them inside-out I don't see a molecule of any other color.My question,,,is there a diffrence between a white hatched from BSSP parents? Did the original white peas come from BSSP birds? Since my whites are from BSSP parents are they then "split to" black shoulder and silver? Thang produced two all whte peachicks this summer too,,,Mmmaddie has one,I have the other and we all know what Thang is but the two hens in with Thang are IB with white flights.I bet breeding all these whites together would be interesting,,

Breeding White to White will only produce White. White hides all other colors. Frenchy your "Whites" out of BSSP are different than a white out of regular whites. Yours carry both BS and White eye, as well as have a chance to carry Pied. It would be better to pair it up with something like a BSDark Pied white eye out of a BSSP. You then have a chance to get more than just white colored birds.

Back
Top Bottom