JTS' Meat Rabbit Adventures

The otter rex are my favorite. I kept this pair back for breeders.
black otter buck.jpg

black otter doe.jpg

I found a breeder! Should be getting my bunnies on the 29th! Woohoo! They have standard rexes and Californians so I may get one of each. If I don’t like the babies from that pairing much they have a million bucks for sale around here.
I have read that the best way to start out rather than getting the traditional trio is to buy two junior bucks, one junior doe, and one bred senior doe. Makes sense to me. Let the breeder pick the rabbits for you. He/she will know what rabbits are likely to nick with each other.

I have read that the best way to start out rather than getting the traditional trio is to buy two junior bucks, one junior doe, and one bred senior doe. Makes sense to me. Let the breeder pick the rabbits for you. He/she will know what rabbits are likely to nick with each other.
I would if I had space to house that many permanently right now. Unfortunately I don’t. If I did I’d be getting a bunch, haha.

All three cages are complete! :wee
Now I just have to set them up later after I finish packaging my orders and studying for my three finals on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then a bit over a week of freedom (aka work) until the summer semester. :celebrate

You aren't going with wire floors?

You will be doing a LOT of cleaning with the doe cage and the growout cage. Growing bunnies poop a lot, especially as they get close to butchering size.

Rabbits do a lot of their pooping while eating, so maybe you could use a wire-topped litterbox that they sit on to eat. That would keep them from sitting in their own poop as much.

Back
Top Bottom