JTS' Meat Rabbit Adventures

We had some mating tonight with Kona and Yoshi! It wasn’t perfect but he tried on the correct end, haha. I think we had at least one fall-off. He didn’t give up. I’ll mark it on the calendar and give it another go tomorrow.

It’ll be a few weeks before I know if Kona is pregnant, but when I give her her nest box, should I give her paper bedding for inside? Hay? Wood shavings?

Your rabbits are so cute!!! Excited for your first litter.

The Californian x NZW will look like my gal (and I think she is perfect lol). Very curious to see what your other cross looks like.

BAE75C7B-4743-47A8-8FA7-5FE43D0A30A7.jpeg

If you decide to go the litter box route I recommend getting an extra deep cat box. The higher sides help contain any spraying. Chewy seems to have the cheapest options.

Your rabbits are so cute!!! Excited for your first litter.

The Californian x NZW will look like my gal (and I think she is perfect lol). Very curious to see what your other cross looks like.

View attachment 2683279

If you decide to go the litter box route I recommend getting an extra deep cat box. The higher sides help contain any spraying. Chewy seems to have the cheapest options.
What a pretty rabbit!

It’ll be a few weeks before I know if Kona is pregnant, but when I give her her nest box, should I give her paper bedding for inside? Hay? Wood shavings?
I use a layer of care fresh on the bottom and then pile it up with timothy hay.
Congrats on getting the buns and the hopefully successful breeding! They are good looking. Not sure if I missed this. but how old are they?

I use a layer of care fresh on the bottom and then pile it up with timothy hay.
Congrats on getting the buns and the hopefully successful breeding! They are good looking. Not sure if I missed this. but how old are they?
Kona is 10 months and has had a litter before, Yoshi is 8 or 9 months (I’ll have to see paperwork again) and unproven.
Nutmeg is 9 weeks old. She won’t be bred until around mid/late November.

Back
Top Bottom