Jubilee english orpingtons from Meyer

I haven't but just looked at them. Their availability is very weird. I was not impressed with the photos of their Blue or Lavender Orpingtons that are very "production-quality" looking. I'd hunt around, maybe ask in some of the Orpington groups on Facebook and see if anyone has ordered from them.

Anybody out there get the jubilee orpingtons from Meyer hatchery? They are EXPENSIVE, though claim to be the english strain. They look like it in the photo. I would love to buy from a breeder, but my choices are limited, living in Hawaii.
Thanks! 😊
I haven't gotten Jubilee from them, but I have gotten all of my other hens (including buff and lavender orpingtons) from Meyer. They are all healthy birds, but they are significantly smaller and substandard. I love all my girls, but they are truly 'hatchery quality'. The birds with markings that I have gotten from them, like my SLW, have low quality markings. You will get a healthy, but not glorious bird.

I haven't gotten Jubilee from them, but I have gotten all of my other hens (including buff and lavender orpingtons) from Meyer. They are all healthy birds, but they are significantly smaller and substandard. I love all my girls, but they are truly 'hatchery quality'. The birds with markings that I have gotten from them, like my SLW, have low quality markings. You will get a healthy, but not glorious bird.
Thanks! I was hoping because they are the english variety they will be more full bodied, like the silver laced in my avatar (I got her from hatching eggs from a breeder). At $36 for a single chick, it better be what they advertise. I have not purchased from Meyer before, but I have from McMurray and have a gorgeous "hatchery quality" BLR wyandotte that is one of my favorites. 😊

I haven't but just looked at them. Their availability is very weird. I was not impressed with the photos of their Blue or Lavender Orpingtons that are very "production-quality" looking. I'd hunt around, maybe ask in some of the Orpington groups on Facebook and see if anyone has ordered from them.
Thanks! Did not see your reply until now. Appreciate it!
I suspect they are getting them from a second party, would explain the weird availability.
I do not have Facebook, seems a useful tool in these kind of situations though! 😊

I know this thread is old, but I thought I would post my Meyer Jubilee Orpington in case anyone else is wondering what Meyer's line looks like.
PXL_20220730_010702491~3.jpg

I know this thread is old, but I thought I would post my Meyer Jubilee Orpington in case anyone else is wondering what Meyer's line looks like.
View attachment 3278892
Gorgeous! I never did get the Orps. The order was suppose to go out that week we had that terrible freeze and the hatchery cancelled the order. 🙂
Decided to focus on Silkies. Would love to get English Orps again some day. Such gentle giants.❤️

Back
Top Bottom