Jubilee Orpington

Ashley Bird

Chirping
Jun 18, 2017
Please tell me this is a pullet! I had three one I rehomed (had a really large and red comb at an early age) the second we lost to a hawk and this is what I have left! It’s 13 weeks old. It’s comb just recently started to become redder. It’s fluffy tail feathers are throwing me off!

Attachments

• 391570F9-B6EC-40EE-91A9-C67F2B8BBE5C.jpeg
    391570F9-B6EC-40EE-91A9-C67F2B8BBE5C.jpeg
    569.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 7107C86A-6C4C-411A-8A97-43C5DDE5122A.jpeg
    7107C86A-6C4C-411A-8A97-43C5DDE5122A.jpeg
    648.9 KB · Views: 46
Please tell me this is a pullet! I had three one I rehomed (had a really large and red comb at an early age) the second we lost to a hawk and this is what I have left! It’s 13 weeks old. It’s comb just recently started to become redder. It’s fluffy tail feathers are throwing me off!
Male. No doubt. So sorry.

I'm sorry, cockerel for sure. Not sure he's Jubilee either, looks red and splash. Maybe an attempt at blue laced red??
Dang it! 😏 Yes, they were listed as blue/splash/jubilee orpingtons. A lot of the pictures of the hens they came from had a lot more white in them than the ones I’ve seen online. 😏 I had wanted a different breed but they didn’t have any hatch so I got these as replacements. Along with BLR Wyandottes and ALL of them are Roos!! 😭 I know that’s just how it goes, but it’s still disappointing. I don’t have the space or enough hens to keep all 4 Roos happy!

Dang it! 😏 Yes, they were listed as blue/splash/jubilee orpingtons. A lot of the pictures of the hens they came from had a lot more white in them than the ones I’ve seen online. 😏 I had wanted a different breed but they didn’t have any hatch so I got these as replacements. Along with BLR Wyandottes and ALL of them are Roos!! 😭 I know that’s just how it goes, but it’s still disappointing. I don’t have the space or enough hens to keep all 4 Roos happy!
Papa’s Poultry in Redding, CA has nice Jubilee Orpingtons. He ships hatching eggs and chicks. I hatched some shipped eggs from his Orps and had a good hatch rate (for shipped eggs anyway). He packs them really well.

Papa’s Poultry in Redding, CA has nice Jubilee Orpingtons. He ships hatching eggs and chicks. I hatched some shipped eggs from his Orps and had a good hatch rate (for shipped eggs anyway). He packs them really well.
I’ll have to keep that in mind when I’m ready to hatch chicks! 😊

I agree with the recommend of papa's in Redding Ca. for Orpingtons I just has a good hatch and will try to get more from him.

Back
Top Bottom