Jubilee Orpington

welcome-byc.gif

Hello,
We have many English Orpingtons and I am looking to add Jubilee and Crele English Orpingtons to my fold. In comparing sizes are they reuely a mid sized bird? Inbetween a LF and a Bantams? That seems ideal to me. Anyone?

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Really love the look of the Jubilee and since I own English Orpingtons I am sold on their disposition. They are very well manored big babies.

I am looking forward to hatching the eggs I got off of ebay just recently.
I was disappointed in the package date on one package but the other ebay bid I got at about the same time came just as expected.

I love the Jubilee English Orpingtons and I am looking forward to their hatching. I am currently (several years) working on my Blue Laced Red English Orpingtons. And I also have Chocolate English Orpingtons Bantams(large bantams) which I can tell you their behavior is of a wonderfully friendly bird.

I have just sold the last of my pairs of Lavenders yesterday at a TSC swap and I still have the Red English Orps pair to go that I had held back but know they must go to. Make room for others. Sounds harsh doesnt it? I have asthma and I want less contact time with them but I want them, so I must narrow down the breeds and the shere numbers of each breed.
I have four out pens and four inside pens.
Each of the four inside pens is 10x20 within the 20x41 metal chicken house. And each pen in the garden is 10x20 in a 20x40 level garden spot. I move them outdoors when the weather gets better and after 6 months of outdoor time I move them indoors during the bitter cold. I do let them free range when weather permits and safety permits. So there you have it there are 4 pens for four types of chickens. Sort of,...
Different than my Master plan But then again I did rework my master plan.
I have the Chocolate English Orpington Bantams in number 1. The Blue Laced Red English Orpingtons in number 2. And the Lavender pen number 3 is now empty.
Number 4. Is the Reds and they share with the Ohiki, & Calico Cochin Bantams. So today I move the last pair of Red English Orps to the empty Lavender pen till I go to another TSC swap. The number 3 pen will be for the Jubilee Eng Orps and horpully sell off the Reds.

Last month I had sold out all Calico Ohiki and Cochin Bantams except for a young pair of each and I have been busy collecting their eggs and hatching. I now have several dozen chicks from each of the two pair and a few eggs not hatched yet.

Tragedy struck yesterday while we were gone to the TSC. Something got my Cochin bantam boy and also my Ohiki girl. I fear it may have been mink or weasle. Whatever it was fit through a chainlink fence! The top has bird netting. I am certain if The BIG Red English Orpington pair had been in there nothing would have happened to the little darlings. The BIG red Eng Orp girl always looked down at the Ohiki and Cochin Bantams as her young ones. And looked after them. But I had taken the Pair of Lavenders and Reds to TSC with The Chocolate chicks. I had let them out to roam on Friday and I am certain everyone was in when locked up Friday night. It was too dark on Saturday morning when we left. I did not release to free range. There are no signs of blood or struggle. The little darlings are sad. They are looking for their mates.

Second guessing myself. Maybe I should keep the big Red Eng Orp pair in the pen with the Calico Cochin Bantams and Calico Ohiki?
Just dont know.
I do love the Jubilee English Orpington looks and I need that pen that once was the Lavenders. But I Thought I would give the Reds the freedom of not having the little darlings all around them by goving them room to walk around without being followed by the littles. Just dont know and not even sure. It just does not make sense at all.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom