Juice cleanse

Hello, mandelyn! Lucky for us, we're pretty much staying home and cooking for the adult children. Nothing big planned except letting DH have day 1,2,3 at home so he can hide in bed if he feels off.

Congrats on the weight loss!

DH is keeping to one cup of coffee during this. I'll just quit, since I'm supposed to anyway.

It's good that someone else is on this with you.

PS - how's Cincinnati? Family member has a job interview there tomorrow.

Cincinnati isn't bad as far as cities go. Good areas and bad areas, some traffic... but the interstates are laid out well so access through out the city is easy, and there's a lot to do. Lot's of small communities within the city, pockets of urban and suburban areas tied into rural areas. The suburban sprawl spans out like a spider web, clear to Dayton just about. The river front between Cincy and Northern Kentucky compete for the crowds, so nightlife is always changing. There is the "purple people bridge" that allows walking access across the river, that's cool. Lot's of revitalization going on in different areas. Great park system.

Not too expensive as far as average home prices and rent. $800 gets a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom with parking in a good area, convenient location, and all the amenities... pool, gym, park like setting. Just depends on the area. You can spend a lot more than that, or a lot less.

Even with bumper to bumper stand still traffic you can still get places in a reasonable time. We decided to head to a party spot in Mt Adams (very trendy bar scene set on a hill, average rent up there is $1400 a month) and we left during rush hour. Still only took 25 minutes to get from 10 miles North of the city to East of Downtown. That was cutting across downtown traffic, and fighting through the one ways and the side of a steep hill to get up there. The downtown area is flat, but everything around it is a hill side, and then it flattens out again for the sprawling parts. So no matter where you're coming from, it's up or down a hill to get there.
lol.png

Really cool market downtown, Findley's Market. Fresh produce and old style butcher shops and everything. Couple of cafes, all walking traffic. It's a diverse area. I recently met a turkey farmer that's only a couple minutes from downtown in one of the absolute worse neighborhoods. But there she is farming turkeys!

We lived all over the place when my husband was in the Army, but we came right back here, 2 miles from where we started from. Never found a place we liked better besides Germany... but that's a whole other kind of lifestyle over there.

Between $80-$150 depending on what features you want. We got one that makes a liter at a time and has a pitcher... most of them you place a glass under it and make it glass by glass. We wanted more capacity. It has a giant reservoir for the resulting mush. Lot of waste to the juicing, not as much with smoothies.

I don't like pulp though for some reason, not in orange juice, not in cider, and not on this veggie juice thing.
lol.png
I can do a fruit smoothie, but not a veggie one. I can't get past the pulp!

Yes, it grinds everything down, spins it through a screen, and you get just juice at the end. Ours will take everything whole for the most part, rind, seeds and all, and spits it all out rind and all! (like for oranges... no peeling, just cut it in half and send it through!)

The style we had growing up you had to cut everything small to fit, and take off skins, rinds, and other undesirable parts, otherwise it would clog the screen as it spun. It spun everything out onto the side and was hard to clean. It was very loud, and vibrated so much you had to hold the cup in place because it would start walking off across the counter top.
lol.png
It worked, but was a pain. It didn't have anything to stop the foam, so like 1/3 the glass was foam on top.

Just shop for price, and then weigh the options... ease of use, how many pieces does it have (i.e. easy to clean, since you need to clean it after every use) the capacity for waste, how large of cup fits under the spout, does it have several settings for speed or only one, how long is the warranty... ect ect.

Back
Top Bottom