Julian scale double check

Grain mites haven't been a problem here (and shouldn't even think that!) but older feed can be. I always check those mill dates!
TSC has been fine here, and there are three that are fairly convenient for me. Family Farm and Home hasn't been so good, and the local small feed store hasn't been good for feed either.
It just depends!
Mary

I had a $5 coupon for Feather Fixer, so I thought I would go to TSC to pick up a bag. The coupon made it close to the cost of my Kalmbach & I didn't have to drive 10 miles one way, so I went for it. All 4 bags of FF at TSC were March 9th, so I left empty handed. Their feed is iffy every time I am there.
You should be aware that Feather Fixer is merely a high protein "layer"-type feed. Look at the Calcium content. It has its place, but its not a good "all flock" substitute, unless your only alternative is an even lower protein "layer"-type formulation.

You should be aware that Feather Fixer is merely a high protein "layer"-type feed. Look at the Calcium content. It has its place, but its not a good "all flock" substitute, unless your only alternative is an even lower protein "layer"-type formulation.
I am aware thanks, I am not really worried about all flock or layer. I do have a rooster right now, but I feed all flock & layer at times & I'm good with that. The roo may have a short term here anyway, not sure I want one after 10 years & my older hens definitely hate him, LOL.

I am aware thanks, I am not really worried about all flock or layer. I do have a rooster right now, but I feed all flock & layer at times & I'm good with that. The roo may have a short term here anyway, not sure I want one after 10 years & my older hens definitely hate him, LOL.
Mentioned more for people who read the branding "feather fixer" and buy into it without looking to the nutritional label. As I did several months into my chicken ownership, several years ago, during the start of COVID's widespread product shortages.

Back
Top Bottom