July Hatch-a-long

ok so I candled my 7 surprise eggs and compared them to the candling pics in the learning center here and I think my eggs are a couple days farther along than I thought. I think my eggs are on day 12 now. changing my original estimated hatch date from july 6th to july 4th. guess I will lockdown those eggs on the 1st and see what happens. this hatch is so much more stressful than any of the eggs I started myself.
barnie.gif

Hi all! I have eggs that should be here Friday.
smile.png
quick question as this is only my second hatch. We are going on vac the 15 to the 19th. So when should I set my eggs so I can lock down when we get back on the 19th?
If you're locking down on the 19th, you should be aiming for a July 22 hatch date. So, I think the most logical start would be July 1.

Top down, day 11-
1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

They're buff orpingtons. I never saw veining with any of them and only have a tiny bit of hope with 1-3. 4-6 I'm 99% sure are clear. Any thoughts?[/quote

I have some buff op eggs at the same stage and some of them look dark and cloudy. I was hoping the shell was thicker and they are still viable.

Today I set 26 silkie, and 16 surprise eggs. I have not hatched anything in over a year. Have had withdrawals. And now I'm not sure I can stand the wait.
th.gif

I know the feeling I can barely wait until day 10 so I can candle them. OH! come on little faverolles egges and make me some babies. I want to see some growers.
love.gif

Top down, day 11-
1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

They're buff orpingtons. I never saw veining with any of them and only have a tiny bit of hope with 1-3. 4-6 I'm 99% sure are clear. Any thoughts?[/quote

I have some buff op eggs at the same stage and some of them look dark and cloudy. I was hoping the shell was thicker and they are still viable.

That makes me feel better bc I never saw veining & they look very cloudy. Hoping I just can't see all the magic happening inside!

Back
Top Bottom