July Hatch-A-Long

Amazing babies, congrats darkbluespace!

Thank you,  it is so fun that they are all different!  I can't wait to see what they will look like!

That's awesome! My broody has 6 guinea eggs, and I'm secretly hoping that they hatch all different colors! My luck, they'll all be white (the color that I don't really want because of the predators and hawks around here).

I've got to go back and catch up on a few days' posts, but I wanted to check in and say We've Got Chicks! at least 2 have hatched, and there's a lot of peeping going on!
wee.gif

That's awesome! My broody has 6 guinea eggs, and I'm secretly hoping that they hatch all different colors! My luck, they'll all be white (the color that I don't really want because of the predators and hawks around here).

I didn't even know that guineas came in different colors. We get albino bunnies sometimes and I know how they seem to "glow" and stand out.

Well, today was day five. After candling it looks like I only have half a dozen or so eggs that aren't fertile. Out of 42 that's pretty good! I'll give them a couple more days and then re-candle and see if anything has happened, and if not I'll pull them. Thankfully my incubator has been staying amazingly stable this time around. It's only day 5 and I already can't wait to see my babies hatch
big_smile.png

I didn't even know that guineas came in different colors.  We get albino bunnies sometimes and I know how they seem to "glow" and stand out.

If you have a spare 30 seconds, check this out. It's pretty cool. It's all the colors guineas can be and a color chart.
http://www.guineafowl.com/fritsfarm/guineas/colors/

I'm gonna have to bust my second duckling out tomorrow, 48 hours after internal pip and no progress at all. Its beak is just too small to break the shell, I think. But here's Wobbles, being as cute and happy as ever! Wobs is getting stronger every day. <3

0.jpg

So many to reply to, where to start...

Darkbluespace simply gorgeous!

Kenzie unlucky but dont chuck just yet as they can surprise you!

Amykins have been following wobbles and the when to intervene thread with interest as with my detached air cells assisting is fairly likely as I would be very surprised if they hatch unaided with no malpositions. Nervous as never hatched ducklings and while in principle quail are more fiddly there are so many that if I dont get to them in time I dont feel as bad as I will if it happens to my duckies whose webbed feet and beaks I have spotted when candling... Wobbles is delightful.

Chippysmom I noticed some differently marked guineafowl the other day and thought how pretty they were.

congrats rexanniestar and frenchiegirl.

Kenny 7 days to go!!! So exciting

I tried to make some hens go broody in time for an Easter hatching. That didn't work. We had two hens go broody about 21 days ago and then another join as a co-brooder with one. The 'coons got to the hen and her eggs that were outside, under the coop. (I couldn't reach her.) We have 2 live chicks in our coop this morning and another 20+ eggs being sat on. I'm sorry I'm so late to this thread!

Back
Top Bottom