July Is Not My Month!!!! *Update page 2*

Quote:
In Texas that might be OK. But in my neck of the woods people get upset if you shoot their dog and tend to show that they have guns too by shooting up you cars, trucks or even houses. But we all know that texans don't have guns or tempers do they redneckmedic?

I know the dogs personally and in the heat of the moment I might polverize it - but afte that I would feel bad. I know sounds stupid.

Im going to go have a talk with them tomorrow afternoon nand hope it all goes well. We had a HUGE doberman cross in our yard today while I was on the tractor. I had a broken broom stick ( sharpened) and practiced my spearing skills. It yelped and ran off, hope I dont see it again.

Monty ( 9 y/0 drake ) has healing wounds , he is quieter than usual and likes to sit in the corner of the pen right now , sitting under some over hanging vines.

The cayuga is weak, has no boobies , ( all healthy ducks have boobies
lau.gif
) and is limping. I have searched her but she has no wounds so Im thinking that the dog might have pulled something out of place.

Is there anything anyone would suggest? She gave me an egg this morning but I noticed her poo is very green /white/yellow and is almost like watery mashed potatoes.

Went to let the drake out this morning - expecting an egg from the female like yesterday. No egg. She still hasnt made any noise and she is holding up her injured leg. Is there anything I can give her for strengthening?

Hi Goat_Walker, do you have an update on how the talk with your neighbor went? Will they be taking responsibility for their dogs' actions? If so, you should take your duck to the vet and get a full check up on both the female and the male muscovies.

Dont have any Scovies - the female is a cayuga the male is a Domestic bibbed mallard. The owners arent home yet, but once they are im going to go over and confront them.

Quote:
Omg, I LOLed for like twenty minutes. xD

I'd feed them mashed up egg yolk (cooked) if they'll eat it, and make sure to put an antibiotic in their water, followed with probiotics (if you can find them; if not I think yogurt with live cultures may work).
Follow the directions, but like others have said, bring them to a REALLY 'spensive vet, get animal control/police involved... Call somebody higher up. It's unacceptable for ANY AGGRESSIVE DOG to be let loose, EVER. Their dogs will have to be put to sleep if anything should happen to a human. Why are animal lives any different?

good luck with your talk. a dog got in my yard and killed 7 of my ducks about 2mths ago. my 8th injured duck i took to the vet for a busted wing and she died in surgery. the bill was 1300.00 and im not full of money. anyway when it happen the police did nothing but threten us with a ticket for fireing a gun in the county. animal control gave them a ticket and said if the dog is outside and not on a leash they would get a ticket for 1000.00 even if it was in their yard. after we talked to the dog owners nothing happen for a few weeks but they stopped by yesterday and said that their home owners insurance is going to replace our fence to insure that our ducks are safe from their dog. when you talk to them i would mention what could happen if animal control gets called because thats a real pain and a lot of cash. also the cost of the vet for birds is very high

There have got to be some sort of laws against dogs attacking other people animals on thier own property. You have been injured and should seek compensation. Yes is is really your ducks that were injured but in the legal sense it was you. I think you should call the police or animal control to at least create official documentation of "the incident". In the end it may help get some vet bills paid, either by the dog owner's honesty or through small claims court. You may need that vet to save your injured ducks.

i asked my dad to talk to them yesterday as I "am not in the right frame of mind" as he puts it. Plus im a lot younger than them and though I may be passionat about my animals Im not sure they would take me seriously. Im hoping to catch them today. Im scared to take my ducklings outside and my ducks are used to free ranging - but havent gotten to for more than an hour. I have to be out there with a bat . The wheelbarrow is comfy enough for now until he talks to them.

Back
Top Bottom