Jumbo Egg Surprise

My girls are still young, only 8 months, and I have gotten many double yolkers. They have slowed down as they have gotten a little older but I still get one once in a while. I love 'em!

big_smile.png

I have had plenty of double yokers especially when my girls started laying. I have never had a tripple yoker. I wonder how many have and if anyone has any pics?
jumpy.gif
love.gif
caf.gif

It was a double. I got a picture so if I ever figure it out I can share. I cooked it over easy and we all had a little with some homemade bread. It was very tasty indeed!

I got two huge eggs this week from my 5 month old golden comets - the first one was monstrous, the second just a hair smaller. Never mind closing the carton, I couldn't get the thing in the "cup" part - it just perched on top. Mine were fatter than the one in your picture. My DH gave the first one away, and I plan to give the second one to my niece because she'll think it's neat - I'll have her tell me what was inside!

Do golden comets lay ostrich eggs??

Ya know, it really makes me wonder...with all these gigantic eggs coming from our chickens, where do the really big ones that get laid at egg farms go? Do they end up in products like Egg Beaters? I know that's where the "B" grade eggs end up. Better yet, why did the USDA stop sizing at "Jumbo" when obviously even "average" chickens can lay monstrous sized eggs? The pullet who laid my Jumbo egg is around 6 pounds and she's only 6 1/2 months old! Makes me wonder what she'll be laying a year from now???
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom