Jumbo Pekin from Meyer?

Tlammy

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
London, OH
Is it really the broiler duck of the duck world? Has anyone had these? Im worried if they have problems like broiler chickens. Thanks!
smile.png

I ordered 25 last spring - real nice ducks.
Make sure you add niacin to their drinking water for the first 4 weeks to ensure their legs get off to a good start and you will have no problems - I kept a few until they started to lay with no issues - you can't do that with broiler chickens.

Make sure you add niacin to their drinking water for the first 4 weeks to ensure their legs get off to a good start and you will have no problems - I kept a few until they started to lay with no issues - you can't do that with broiler chickens.
Oh, okay! Where would i get that at? TSC?

That's a good idea, the niacin.

I can't take credit - read it in the raising ducks book. This is important when using unmedicated chicken starter, but I use it no matter what. It is cheep and adds a little protection.

i adore the pekins. there is nothing like a pure white duck with blue eyes. they are beautiful and hilarious to watch. i have a pekin that is 3 years old now and they do not get too heavy to walk like broiler chickens do. we got ours at TSC which will have chicks in a couple of weeks ! woot woot ! excited. the pekins are wonderful to have . pretty messy as babies though. the pekins seem to be the most messy ducks that ive raised from blue swedish pekin and now calls .they grow like weeds too :) i love them !!! good luck. they are definetely worth it ! i might give mallards a try this year along with my 2 wonderful new call ducks :)

Back
Top Bottom