Jumped in

love.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Texas
frow.gif

You're gonn enjoy your fuzzies!!!
wee.gif

I might add...when you build you coop..make it twice or 4 times the size you're planning on..trust me..you'll fill it up in no time!!!
wink.png

Welcome to the world of "Chicken Enablers!"
wee.gif
ya.gif

Bock, Bock, Bock!!!
D.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I might add...when you build you coop..make it twice or 4 times the size you're planning on..trust me..you'll fill it up in no time!!!
wink.png

Oh I did! I live next door to my dad, and he already has a coop with 3 hens. He lost alot of his flock when he moved without the chickens, and the hawks got to them. I'm building another coop to keep my flock separate until they are ready to live together, they'll have their own electrico-net run until then. Then, I have a second coop for brooding or broodies. I figure I have space for over 40 birds, and only 15 here now!​

Last edited:
When we got ours, We put them in a closed coop right away with the temperature set up right. I did not pick them up at all, I would just go and sit under the heat lamp and let them come to me. Within a few minutes, there would be the one who got curious and all else would follow. I used to have 20 little chicks crawling all over me and that is when I would pet and hold them. Now when I go into the coop, it is the same. I have full grown hens running and sitting on my feet, while others are trying to jump on my shoulders. All are fine being held including the rooster.

Back
Top Bottom