Jumping in with both feet!

Edge of the Wilderness

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2017
Northern Minnesota
Hello BYC!

It's nice to finally join in on the chat. I've been reading posts on here for about a year now. Plenty of helpful information for someone new to the chicken world. I got my first batch of chicks in February so I'm fairly new to things.

Counting my chicks from February and ducklings from March plus chicks from last week and chicks coming next week, I will have 89 chickens... and 11 ducks. About half or a little more will end up as dinner, and the rest will be kept for eggs/pets.

They're quite the grab bag of breeds.
Standard size: Ancona, Andalusian, Araucana, Australorp, Brahma, Cochin, Cornish, Giant, Maran, Red Star, Sussex, Welsummer, Whiting True Blue, Wyandotte
Bantam size: Ameraucana, Cochin, d'Uccle, Polish, Rock, Silkie
Ducks: Cayuga, Runners

I will be posting a question about choosing which roosters to keep in the near future so keep an eye out. :cool:

welcome to BYC, sounds like you have your hands full! Every year our population rises in the spring to over 50 with the acquisition of broilers and fertile eggs for the broodies and then by the end of summer we are back down to our limit of 6 adult hens. we live in the birbs, so we are limited with what is allowed. it would be awesome to be able to have a rooster, but the city environment just makes it impractical.

Back
Top Bottom