June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

Ladies, I would can volunteer to take a "slot" to meet our 16 quilters if needed. I'll send them to my mom to piece together!

Abbynormal

Welcome to our new quilters that signed up! I am glad to hear that family members are on the mend. We've gotten back to the full swing of school here, and farming this spring. We've had a mild winter her in OK compared to the previous few years. I fear that my husband and I will once again repel the rain from dropping on our family garden and newly planted fruit trees, thus racking up our water bill again this year....

I have yet to get to the fabric store for material. I am still trying to convince myself to use the yards of green I already have (bought for a dress which I don't want to make now) instead of getting new fabric, however I LOVE the block and colors so I think I NEED new fabric!! hahahaha. DH thinks otherwise, and I remind him of his "recyled" compost bin made from new cedar he bought this week! heeheehee....

My daughter and I drove to Comanche to pick up a bunch of new babies together today. I made it there and home and didn't get lost at all!!! (I'm not the offical map reader in the family.) We ended up with 11 babies, just feathered with some down still on them. I am certain one is a Salmon Favorelle, but the other 10 could be RIR, Americaunas, or Silver Laced Dorkings. The have 5 toes!! My DH is convinced that they are all roosters, or he's teasing me on my chick choice.....I'll have to wait till later to see if I got all hens or not. I thought I was doing great by checking for "buttons" when I got on here and read about how to vent sex and realized I didn't even accomplish that right. So, I'll either have layers or dinner!
lau.gif
We'll see.... Hope everyone has a Happy Easter or enjoyed their Passover as it might apply to them. I'll be watching baby chicks with the daughter tomorrow and chasing puppies with sticks. Best way to spend the weekend with the Husband!!

-Abby

Well. Didn't get to start today. My oldest got well, and this morning my youngest was sick. Eventually took her to the doc, and she ended up having an emergency appendectomy. OMG!! She did good through surgery. Doc said it was very close to rupturing. But she's well mediated and resting well now.

Sending my best to you and yours Sonderah

Welcome to our new quilters that signed up! I am glad to hear that family members are on the mend. We've gotten back to the full swing of school here, and farming this spring. We've had a mild winter her in OK compared to the previous few years. I fear that my husband and I will once again repel the rain from dropping on our family garden and newly planted fruit trees, thus racking up our water bill again this year....

I have yet to get to the fabric store for material. I am still trying to convince myself to use the yards of green I already have (bought for a dress which I don't want to make now) instead of getting new fabric, however I LOVE the block and colors so I think I NEED new fabric!! hahahaha. DH thinks otherwise, and I remind him of his "recyled" compost bin made from new cedar he bought this week! heeheehee....

My daughter and I drove to Comanche to pick up a bunch of new babies together today. I made it there and home and didn't get lost at all!!! (I'm not the offical map reader in the family.) We ended up with 11 babies, just feathered with some down still on them. I am certain one is a Salmon Favorelle, but the other 10 could be RIR, Americaunas, or Silver Laced Dorkings. The have 5 toes!! My DH is convinced that they are all roosters, or he's teasing me on my chick choice.....I'll have to wait till later to see if I got all hens or not. I thought I was doing great by checking for "buttons" when I got on here and read about how to vent sex and realized I didn't even accomplish that right. So, I'll either have layers or dinner!
lau.gif
We'll see.... Hope everyone has a Happy Easter or enjoyed their Passover as it might apply to them. I'll be watching baby chicks with the daughter tomorrow and chasing puppies with sticks. Best way to spend the weekend with the Husband!!

-Abby
Sounds like you will have a nice Easter, I have bought greens, but for some reason when I get them home it just isn't the right green!! or white, oh well will have to try again.

Couldn't you just use a safety pin or straight pin? That would save you a lot of time.
Hi Lacy,

Trying to avoid safety pins as we pay the postage to the US by weight and I thought a little tacking stitch would weigh less. Also thought customs might be a bit more concerned with metal xrays. Had a quilting visitor over to share Easter dinner and we sat and did them really quite quickly. My Dad just looked on in amusement.

Happy Easter to you all.

Mary

Back
Top Bottom