June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

Quote: It is. When Sophie woke up crying last August at 3 a.m., it made me listen-she had a kidney infection. She has urinary reflux, and is now on a low dosage antibiotic to prevent any more infections. She will need to go back this summer to be tested again, and we are praying it goes away on it's own-otherwise she will need surgery and that may not work either.

Speaking of language-we are getting ready to make cookies, but I believe you call them biscuits in Europe, right?

It is. When Sophie woke up crying last August at 3 a.m., it made me listen-she had a kidney infection. She has urinary reflux, and is now on a low dosage antibiotic to prevent any more infections. She will need to go back this summer to be tested again, and we are praying it goes away on it's own-otherwise she will need surgery and that may not work either.

Speaking of language-we are getting ready to make cookies, but I believe you call them biscuits in Europe, right?
yeah, biscuits are cookies, but what are biscuits? I can't remember, they aren't scones, you know the things you put butter and jelly on and eat with your eggs and bangers (sausage). I love this we could go on for ever

Thanks all!! She seems to be out of the woods, to me at least, but I'm no professional. Her white blood count is back to normal. Her temp is popping up some, but not staying up now. She has had 3 rounds of IV antibiotics and started oral antibiotics also today. She is one tough cookie too!! I really have to watch her to make sure she takes the pain meds B4 its out of control. She still won't eat. Says shes just not hungry and a few bites makes her feel "too full". But drinking great!!! So, fingers crossed for tomorrow!!! Thanks for all the prayers! It keeps coming to mind that I really could have lost her.

Sometimes anesthesia can cause loss of appetite and can take a few days to leave the body completely. HJopefully, in a day or two, she will get her appetite back. Glad everything's OK.

Well, I was working away on my blocks when all of a sudden now it seems the tension is shot and I have no idea how to fix it. I have a "Quilter's Dream, Elna 6003" and I seem to have lost my handbook for it. I guess I'm going to have to put it in a shop and have them give it a tune-up while its in there.
he.gif

Well, I was working away on my blocks when all of a sudden now it seems the tension is shot and I have no idea how to fix it. I have a "Quilter's Dream, Elna 6003" and I seem to have lost my handbook for it. I guess I'm going to have to put it in a shop and have them give it a tune-up while its in there.
he.gif
Lacy you could look up the handbook online. Thats what I did for my singer 99K, it's old but it sure can sew.

Hi guys
frow.gif
I didn't join the last 2 swaps but have been following. Your blocks are beautiful.

Sorry to read about all the illnesses and surgeries. Wishing all a fast recovery.

I do not belong to any sewing forums and do not sew on a machine very much but when I do I seem to bang along okay. My sewing machine has kinda crapped out and I was looking for suggestions on sewing machines. My machine was a 16 year old Brother. I basically sew straight lines and some zig zag. I am considering a vintage Necchi Lelia 513. Does anyone have any experience with the Necchi or any suggestions for another brand.

I hope its okay to post this here, if not I apologize for bothering you.

Thanks and maybe I can catch the next swap.

Hi guys
frow.gif
I didn't join the last 2 swaps but have been following. Your blocks are beautiful.

Sorry to read about all the illnesses and surgeries. Wishing all a fast recovery.

I do not belong to any sewing forums and do not sew on a machine very much but when I do I seem to bang along okay. My sewing machine has kinda crapped out and I was looking for suggestions on sewing machines. My machine was a 16 year old Brother. I basically sew straight lines and some zig zag. I am considering a vintage Necchi Lelia 513. Does anyone have any experience with the Necchi or any suggestions for another brand.

I hope its okay to post this here, if not I apologize for bothering you.

Thanks and maybe I can catch the next swap
I am going to try again, I posted once and the pc ate it I guess because it is no where to be found. I sew on a really old Sears Kenmore, but I have decided to go through my mother's sewing after her being gone several years, figured it was time. She had several machines, I gave one to my son and he has the Singer, I kept her Kenmore, and she had a Brother, these are the types she swore by, but these are older machines and they have metal parts some of the newer machines have plastic parts and don't last as long, well according to the little man I took these to to be tuned up, I would call a sewing machine repair place and ask if they have any used machines for sale. I'm just leery about buying a new machine and spending all that money, I would love to have one of those fancy embroidery machines, but with my luck it would break after one block. If you do find a machine soon we still have openings in the June 1st swap.

Back
Top Bottom