June 1st Quilt Block Exchange

Umm, no. She likes the block and everything and I didn't know this but she is a beginning quilter and is not confident enough to join something with a time restriction on it. She said maybe in the future.

Sorry, I should have posted that info already.
Thats fine, was just wondering, tell her to start on some blocks now and she will be ready for a future swap,
big_smile.png

HillbillyHeart, your block is beautiful!

I have now found my fabrics (from stash), one piece is washed/dried, had to wash/dry/ iron the other. (Unless I change my mind about which fabrics I'm using.) I think I'm ready to start cutting.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and information. I have found an old Necchi 513 on CL. I stopped by my little local sewing machine shop and he had some old machines he had repaired but didn't have the zig zag option & some new machines but they were expensive. He is a really nice guy and he told me basically the same things you did: sew on it first, check with family to see if they have any they are not using and many of the older ones are better. I called him about the Necchi I found and he said if it sews its worth the money. If I get it I will take to him for a good cleaning. Please keep your fingers crossed I am going to go look at it this afternoon.
fl.gif

I will let you know about joining the swap. Is it hunter star pattern, greens with white background & how many blocks?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and information. I have found an old Necchi 513 on CL. I stopped by my little local sewing machine shop and he had some old machines he had repaired but didn't have the zig zag option & some new machines but they were expensive. He is a really nice guy and he told me basically the same things you did: sew on it first, check with family to see if they have any they are not using and many of the older ones are better. I called him about the Necchi I found and he said if it sews its worth the money. If I get it I will take to him for a good cleaning. Please keep your fingers crossed I am going to go look at it this afternoon.
fl.gif

I will let you know about joining the swap. Is it hunter star pattern, greens with white background & how many blocks?
Thats great, hope it works out for you,
fl.gif
the pattern is hunter star here is the link to the pattern so you don't have to scroll through all the pages http://delawarequilts.com/BOMs/HunterStar/ and the colors are green and white, how you put them together and the color combo is up to you the artist, some reason we are all, it seems to have the light background. 16 blocks will be mailed to Marty1876 with a SASE for your return blocks. (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) and it has been requested you label your blocks in some way with screen name or some have opted to post a pic of there block, just so we know who the artist is.

Thats great, hope it works out for you,
fl.gif
the pattern is hunter star here is the link to the pattern so you don't have to scroll through all the pages http://delawarequilts.com/BOMs/HunterStar/ and the colors are green and white, how you put them together and the color combo is up to you the artist, some reason we are all, it seems to have the light background. 16 blocks will be mailed to Marty1876 with a SASE for your return blocks. (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) and it has been requested you label your blocks in some way with screen name or some have opted to post a pic of there block, just so we know who the artist is.
I wasn't planning white for the background. Was wandering if u were meaning it just seems to be happening that way, or it needs to be that way? Either is fine, will just need to get more of my light color.

I wasn't planning white for the background. Was wandering if u were meaning it just seems to be happening that way, or it needs to be that way? Either is fine, will just need to get more of my light color.
meaning it just seems to be happening that way, white does not need to be the background color, and I'm still choosing, so I may not be white background either, there has to be some rebels in the group
big_smile.png

Lol. Ok, thanks! I just went out and grabbed some more fabric, of different colors. Decided I should practice some before I get into the real stuff.

So, I've been messing with my practice fabric and I have a question. When I sew together the triangles, then iron them down. There are tips on the ends that need to be cut off. I check and double checked that I sewed it 1/4 inch from edge. Is that normal, or am I doing something really wrong?

Back
Top Bottom