June Cleaver....

I'd like to blame your troubles on it being a ford...but... we have a dodge truck that the back sparkplug froze up in... was never ever changed....We managed to change all but that one...then had to take it to a shop... the had to tear the truck apart to get to it, and remove it. Cost almost 800$ by the time he got it out and replaced.

Quote:
One stuck plug!

That's why you use----- to quote mylittlechickpea--- "the gooey stuff"

$800 for mechanic verses .25 worth of "gooey stuff"

and she worked 3 hours on the two plugs and she is still gotta bring it in to get the remaining four plugs changed, bet it cost the same $150

seems to me like she could have saved herself the effort and brought it their in the first place

Not to mention--- What does Ford reccommend for a V-6 plug service interval? Was it time to change the plugs? Was the truck running bad? Was it the plugs causing the truck to run bad? No reason to change plugs unless you answer yes to one of the above questions.

Dodge reccommends 30k mile service interval on the plugs for my truck. I know on my Dodge at 30k miles I am taking new plugs out and putting newer plugs in, done it because the service manual says so, won't be doing it again at 30k interval.

Eh, I honestly thought the truck was running just fine. My hubby wanted the tune up, and when I was told that was aaaalllllllllllll they did, I thought I'd have a crack at it. And I too think I should have just coughed up the $150 now, I'm hoping they'll do the remaining 4 for me, with my parts.. I'm sure that it's not all fords in general, and yes this is a newer one 2002. Though the truck seemed to be running a-okay in my opinion the two spark plugs I did manage to get out the gap was nearly twice the distance it should be, I'm not sure of the recommended service interval, and not sure when the last time it was done, I just occasionaly do what my hubby tells me to do
lau.gif

Oh I feel your pain! For me, I was supposed to get my gun permit renewed. Each week on errand day, it would slip to the bottom of the to-do's and not get done. He'd ask, I'd say, "almost".

FINALLY got down there, but then had to go back later to pick up paper work. That let a couple more weeks expire. Then needed a stupid cashier's check or MO to mail with the paperwork to cover the fee. Add two more weeks or so. But I finally got the darn thing in the mail and when DH asked if I'd done it, I could say "Yes" without a guilty conscience.

Then the darn thing shows back up in our mailbox because I needed to put more stupid postage on it!
barnie.gif

So it's been sitting on my sewing table a couple of more weeks waiting on that!

Back
Top Bottom