Silkie wheezing

Feb 13, 2024
I got some 6 month old silkies from a friend about a month ago. A couple of weeks ago. I noticed that one of them has been wheezing. Pretty bad. I wasn’t sure what was wrong with him so I have been giving him vetRX every few days. I’ve also given him. ACV, garlic water, hydro hen. I spoke to the girl that I got him from and she said that he had never been on Pine shavings before so I changed out the shavings for straw thinking that maybe that would help but I feel like his wheezing is getting worse. Is there anything else that I can do to help him?

How long after you got them did symptoms start?
Any mucus or bubbles?
Is he acting like normal or is it the only thing he does?
Pine shaving should be creating last dust than straw.
Vet rx is just snake oil, it won't help anything.
Garlic can be toxic and acv wont do a thing, I'd stop that immediately.

Does the wheezing occur all of the time, or during eating or every so often? Would it be possible to upload a video of the chicken to YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here?

I got some 6 month old silkies from a friend about a month ago. A couple of weeks ago. I noticed that one of them has been wheezing. Pretty bad. I wasn’t sure what was wrong with him so I have been giving him vetRX every few days. I’ve also given him. ACV, garlic water, hydro hen. I spoke to the girl that I got him from and she said that he had never been on Pine shavings before so I changed out the shavings for straw thinking that maybe that would help but I feel like his wheezing is getting worse. Is there anything else that I can do to help him?
Can you get photos of his face and nostrils?
Are his nostrils clogged with food or debris?
Any lesions inside the beak?

A video of actions can be helpful as well.

How long after you got them did symptoms start?
Any mucus or bubbles?
Is he acting like normal or is it the only thing he does?
Pine shaving should be creating last dust than straw.
Vet rx is just snake oil, it won't help anything.
Garlic can be toxic and acv wont do a thing, I'd stop that immediately.
There is no mucus or bubbles. He acts fine otherwise, and seems to only wheeze when he gets excited. I have not noticed it whenever he is sitting still, and relaxed.

Back
Top Bottom