Cockerel wheezing for a few weeks

Thank you all for the thoughts! Here’s a little update.

Looked down his throat, nothing out of the ordinary, there. Acting totally normal and talkative, but still wheezing and getting little sneezing fits. We’ve treated him with Baytril but that didn’t seem to do anything, gonna treat with some probiotics in his water to help recover from anything the Baytril affected. He’s back outside with his flock and still no signs of whatever he has going on being contagious so that’s good.

Last effort might be the VetRx. I’ve noticed he seems to sound worse when it rains or in the morning/evening when there’s a lot of moisture in the air. Maybe he’s just extra sensitive to humidity. 🤔 Otherwise I guess we’ll continue to keep a close eye on him for any changes!

Looked down his throat, nothing out of the ordinary, there. Acting totally normal and talkative, but still wheezing and getting little sneezing fits. We’ve treated him with Baytril but that didn’t seem to do anything, gonna treat with some probiotics in his water to help recover from anything the Baytril affected. He’s back outside with his flock and still no signs of whatever he has going on being contagious so that’s good.

Last effort might be the VetRx. I’ve noticed he seems to sound worse when it rains or in the morning/evening when there’s a lot of moisture in the air. Maybe he’s just extra sensitive to humidity. 🤔 Otherwise I guess we’ll continue to keep a close eye on him for any changes!
It makes sense that it would sound worse when it's wet out. Chickens do not do good in wet conditions. That's why it's not reccomended to keep them in with ducks.

Not sure what's wrong! But yes, I would continue to keep a close eye on him.

Back
Top Bottom