One of my hens is decided to be broody today (i think) so I may be having hen brooded eggs to go along with all my bator eggs. Gonna give her a day or two to decide if thats what she really wants to do then gonna slip some eggs under her. I have seven eggs that I have been debating on whether to stick in bator or sell or trade or something. We'll see!!
Also go in lockdown tomorrow with the 13 BO and 5 BSF I have going!! Gooooo chickies!!
Just got a chance to read this & your posts in the site above. I can see your dilemma, but just remember that you can only do your best. How nice of you to help out.
You mentioned on that above site that you thought that the eggs were maybe a couple of days earlier than your eggs that will go into lockdown. So, maybe it won't hurt to put them all in lockdown together & watch for them to hatch a couple of days later. Getting your chicks out swiftly & not leaving the bator open long would give the boy's eggs a better chance. In the info in the following site, you will find what goes on in an egg around Day 14 & on; it notes that turning is not needed. So, if that's so then the boy's eggs may not suffer from not being turned a couple of days earlier. Best wishes with that, I'll be looking for it. Happy hatching!
This info & other info that I've collected can be found on page 1, post #1 of this whole thread (& all other "monthly named" HATCH-A-LONGs that I start). *Hatchability Problem Analysis, this is not just for problems. (Description of daily embryo development, see Landmarks of Embryonic Development, Durring Incubation, Days 14-18 to understand what leads to Day 18 "lockdown")
(see pg. 11 - includes section on Nutritional Deficiencies & Toxicities in chicks) http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/aa204