JUNE HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Hey everyone I got a good look at my broodies nest today she's got ten eggs in there. It looked like quite a few were laid by the orpington I have in there so I'd like to get them out so she just has pure Salmon Faverolles eggs under her. I am letting her hatch with the flock so this should be pretty exciting. I think she has actually been sitting for two weeks now. But I can't be sure. Time flies!

hello,

Can any one tell me what to do? This is my first hatch. One chick hatched last night, and there is another egg that has been moving aroung a lot for the last couple days. I can hear peeping coming from the egg but no holes or cracks in the egg yet! I don't know what to do? could it be stuck? if so should I help? there are 5 other eggs in htere but I have not seen any movement at all from them. PLEASE HELP!

Lyndsey

3 pips, no zippers........Hatch date today.....

1st Zipper is a Pure Light Brahma......it has popped the top and is now resting.....

Most people say not to open the incubator, but it is really a judgement call everyone makes for themselves; depending on experience and many other factors (value of the egg (s) how long they have been stuck)

Last edited:
wooohooo we are making progress now!

35593_1brahma.jpg

Last edited:
hello pandorataylor,

can you help me? I have a chick that is moving around a lot it has not pipped the shell yet but I have heard peeping for a couple days is it stuck?

Pip #3 is not making any progress, but the other two are doing great, and now completely out of the shell......Hurray! there are 7 more eggs, of which 2 I was not sure about, but figured they wouldn't hurt anything by being in there.....but the others are making me wait.....like a ketchup commerical!

pip 3 is a LF Light Brahma x Barred Rock and has popped the top of the egg......Pip #4 is just starting.

Last edited:
Quote:
I just hatched 12 Cuckoo Marans and we decided to help one out that was stuck. The humidity must have been wrong in mine because the membrane had dried to it. It is a little deformed but it is getting better. Congrats on your hatch!
jumpy.gif

What day did they hatch? I did a dry incubation so my humidity was around 35-45% and then up to 55-60% for lockdown. It worked for the others eggs but apparent not for the BCM. So depressing. Although my 6 Barred Rocks are desperately cute and incredibly social.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom