June Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I'm so happy I now have 10 out of 19 hatched and the one that had a hole in the shell made it !!!

Attachments

• 20200521_223646.jpg
    20200521_223646.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200605_081048.jpg
    20200605_081048.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 5
Exciting! Congrats! My hatch has just begun. Today is Day 20 for 20 Partridge/Blue Partridge Brahmas. Saw the first pip and not long after, noticed another one had pipped. I hope they all hatch because this is my little extra income this month. If it goes well, I may do another hatch and add some Barred Rock eggs from my younger line to that.
DSC06655.JPG

Still here and enjoying the conversation. Had nothing to report that was new until today. Just candled my hatch and out of 22, 6 have quit. 3 partridge rocks, 2 Andalusian and 1 Speckled Sussex. The Partridge rocks had the most porous eggs out of the bunch and it is no surprise they are also the ones with the highest percentage of quitters. All eggs have had at least some development. Going into their last week with 16 viable embryos. Fingers crossed they all successfully hatch.

I whittling down to all the chicks I am keeping. Rehoming the others. I have some roosters and don't want to let anyone go yet, until I know who is the prettiest, friendliest.
It always pays to take awhile to make decisions about the males, if you can.

The 2nd pip has already widened the opening more than the first one. Day 21 actually begins at 8:15 p.m. tonight, if I go by the exact time I set this batch. I don't recall if my Brahmas take their sweet time like my Orps or not. Been awhile since I actually did a bator hatch, prob three years.
DSC06657.JPG

I whittling down to all the chicks I am keeping. Rehoming the others. I have some roosters and don't want to let anyone go yet, until I know who is the prettiest, friendliest.
I’m swapping my roosters again. Rocky our bantam Brahma is not so friendly. He’s awful to the girls chases them like crazy. Ozzy they squat for him no problem.

Back
Top Bottom