June to July Turkey Hatch-a-Long!

Only 5 of the 7 chicken eggs are developing, and unfortunately, my favorite hen's egg was not one of them. T_T I think she may just be too old to breed at this point.

The good news is that I snuck a peek at the 22 turkey eggs that made it past the initial 10-day candling and every last one of them is looking GREAT! Turkey fetuses are VERY ACTIVE little things!!!

11 days until hatch day! Just 8 until lockdown!

Only 5 of the 7 chicken eggs are developing, and unfortunately, my favorite hen's egg was not one of them. T_T I think she may just be too old to breed at this point.

The good news is that I snuck a peek at the 22 turkey eggs that made it past the initial 10-day candling and every last one of them is looking GREAT! Turkey fetuses are VERY ACTIVE little things!!!

11 days until hatch day! Just 8 until lockdown!
Yay! thats pretty good!

I can't complain too much about the chicken egg fertility rate, considering that I still have several senior hens even after removing 15 birds from the flock this spring.

I'm just floored that all 22 turkeys are still developing! I don't know what I'm going to do if I hatch that many, honestly. My broody turkey hen no longer has any eggs under her and seems to have decided she's done being broody, so I won't be able to stash any of these babies under her like I'd hoped!

I can't complain too much about the chicken egg fertility rate, considering that I still have several senior hens even after removing 15 birds from the flock this spring.

I'm just floored that all 22 turkeys are still developing! I don't know what I'm going to do if I hatch that many, honestly. My broody turkey hen no longer has any eggs under her and seems to have decided she's done being broody, so I won't be able to stash any of these babies under her like I'd hoped!
When better more than less! Are you going to sell them?

Back
Top Bottom