Jungle Fowl

Pics
Jungle Fowl repressent multiple species with some having subspecies in their on right, Red Jungle fowl is repressented by multiple subspecies. Domestic chickens represent a hybrid between at least the Red Jungle Fowl and Grey Jungle fowl where selection on that hybrid has restored fertility. Some of the domestic chickens of southeastern Asia likely have inputs from a third Jungle Fowl species. Domestic chickens are entirely derived from jungle fowl and blur the line of what a species actually is.

Better to specify jungle fowl species when comparing them to domestic chickens. Also need to consider breed of chicken and possibly even strain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junglefowl

I have Green, Grey, Sri Lanka (Ceylon) and Red ( Richardson strain ) and I can guarantee you, when in season for breeding, they change in temperament. The Sri Lanka are the most dramatic in change from season to season. And they will kill domestics

Jungle Fowl are in the family and sub family Phasianidae.
Poultry are believed to have descended from the Reds, possibly grey, but It is not known. Or proven rather about the grey but even Green and Sri Lanka are known in some lines in Indonesia

One of my greens

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junglefowl

I have Green, Grey, Sri Lanka (Ceylon) and Red ( Richardson strain ) and I can guarantee you, when in season for breeding, they change in temperament. The Sri Lanka are the most dramatic in change from season to season. And they will kill domestics

Jungle Fowl are in the family and sub family Phasianidae.
Poultry are believed to have descended from the Reds, possibly grey, but It is not known. Or proven rather about the grey but even Green and Sri Lanka are known in some lines in Indonesia

Link to citations. Wiki itself does not qualify.

You should be a able to find a paper reporting domestic chickens they looked at are ~85% Red Jungle Fowl with balance apparently coming coming from Gray Jungle Fowl. Another hypothesizes the allele for yellow skin in domestic chickens come from Gray Jungle Fowl as being more likely than the mutation being derived independently from the version in the Red Jungle Fowl.

Provide link to original author reporting Sri Lanka kill domestics. Initially, from your first assertion, one could take that all jungle fowl will kill domestic chickens.

No it doesn't no pretty unreliable. It's states as fact that chickens come from reds and greys when it's not been proven but it shows the family and while there " may likely be ancestral connections ". Jungle Fowl are Not chickens

Currently the only jungle fowl I have are domestic chickens. Note I did not say jungle fowl are chickens.

Link to the paper about the proportions of red versus gray. You can do it!

I am trained zoologists that has had to suffer learning how to find citations to back up points made.

Back
Top Bottom