Junglefowl

Yea, softbills, was new to me, to be honest, I'm not a big computer lover, so never typed in softbills, to search for pheasants, and peafowl and such...
As for pics of Mr . Hill stock, Janet can probley get you some, they are 5 1/2 hours from me, so a trip just to get some pics, would be a little ruff, LOL

As for his main jungle fowl pens, especially the high end ones, they were all off the groung, oh about 10x10 per pair or trio, fully covered, back half was a full house, with arial nest boxes, perches, etc.
main pen area, had a little tree for them to perch on and so on, really nice.
His pheasant pens, were ,I'd say, 10x25, housed in back, tin down the lower 2 foot of the side to prevent males from seeing each other, well landscaped, and the peafowl were the same just a bit larger of course.
Contact Janet, I e-mailed you her info, she will probley be glad to help you out.
Aubrey

Aubrey,

Just 1.5 Hrs more to this dreadful exam. I am about done with studying. My brain is about fried from studying this whole week, since Saturday...
And I work 9 hours tomorrow too!

Thanks god I am off Sunday to watch the football games. Go Chargers! Haha. Anyways, just to let you into a little secret, my team is the NE Patriots
thumbsup.gif

In regards to those pictures, by all means, please, don't go there just for pictures; thats too harsh, I agree. I am asking just in CASE you plan to head over there to check out and get some Green junglefowls, if don't mind and could take a few shots while you are there, that would be great because its well worth it. Right? To save for refferences and all? Please just keep me in mind when you are about to head out there, if you ever do so again, so I can let him know in advance
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Aubrey! You have been fun to talk to. Didn't mean to take up this whole thread with info and questions though. Lol

Take care!

- Tommy

PS: Don't Greys lay on the ground like the Reds do? They also lay on "heightend" nests also? Hummm...

Actually, I cant remember if he had those reds and greys elevated or not I dont think he did, but, I know for a fact he did on the ceylon and greens...
As for pics, definately worth it... I will be headed back for sure for pheasants and junglefowl, but it'll be for next years hatch, as I have already dropped about.... well, way too many thousands of dollars this year on birds and pens!
Will keep you posted on my plans to go back up there though.
Aubrey

Finally

Done with first set of mid-terms!!! 2nd sets are just 3 weeks away again. Darn CLASSES! Haha. Just kidding. I like them.

If you say they are worth it, then super! I like that! In regards to all, yes, please keep me informed of when you are going out there again so I can let Charles know. Remember TGC, or CGT or GTC, whatever is best. It all simple reminds you when you go get the Green Junglefowls from Charles, remember of Tommy!

Haha. Like that idea?
thumbsup.gif

All the best!

- Tommy

Last edited:
We just got 2 red jungle fowl chicks from the local bird sanctuary last week. They breed them and got a little carried away ... hehe... I was kind of under the impression they were like chickens. Now I'm kind of wondering. I did do a quick google search before we adopted the birds but didn't find a good informational site. This the first chance I've had to get back online so I'm going to try it again.

Last edited:
Quote:
Cheraboo,

If you can upload the picture of the birds to here or e-mail, I can help you point out key features that may be. or may not be Junglefowls : )
For basics, do they have at least blue/grey legs, slim bodied, etc.?

Would be glad to help : )

- Tommy

Isaac, Do you have any kind of pedigree info on the green peafowl. Would be interested in getting some, but we hear there arent many pure ones around. Are these java, burmese, other?

Quote:
Jensen,

Green peafowl? Or do you mean Green "Junglefowl". Haha. Cuz I am confused how the green "peafowl" would just pop out of nowhere
idunno.gif

frow.gif

- Tommy

Last edited:
Quote:
Cheraboo,

If you can upload the picture of the birds to here or e-mail, I can help you point out key features that may be. or may not be Junglefowls : )
For basics, do they have at least blue/grey legs, slim bodied, etc.?

Would be glad to help : )

- Tommy

Thanks Tommy. I'll go look for my camera. Been trying to figure out gender but I was only able to find pics of pullet chicks.

They do have blue/grey legs. I'm not sure I would call them slim, but they are not as fluffy as Ding Dong, our banty buff brahma, who is about the same age. They have cute little masks on their eyes and they chirp like crazy - really loud sometimes. Boomerang likes to fun in circles and is a little smaller than Nightshade.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics. Sorry for the poor quality - the kids fiddled with the camera and I'm still trying to get it back to where it should be.

This is Boomerang -

And this is Nightshade -

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom