Just a few questions....

peeps7

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
North Carolina
(1) The eggs go fat end up right?
(2) Leave them to sit for 8 hours before putting shipped eggs in right?
(3) 101degrees and 40% humidity until last 3 days then 65% humidity?
Thanks!!!

Ok, yes eggs go fat end up.

2 I'd let them sit more if you can 8 is good if you just can't.

3. depends on what your bator instuctions say. I'd go down to Walmart and buy a water wiggler and get a thermometer with a probe to put in it. You want the temp inside that water wiggler to read 99.5. that acts like an egg and shows what the temp is inside the egg. If you don't have that it's kinda hard to tell. Do whatever the instructions say.

Humidity can vary. like 38-50% first 18 days. I read a book that says 50-55% is optimum, but I've heard others with experience say lower. after day 18 you want it to be 70-80% I'm sitting at 70 right now.

I hope I didn't confuse you more, but really you need to do what the instructions say for your bator.

Is it a still air or force air? That also makes a difference

peeps,

if you are reffering to the serama eggs i have sent you, keep the the humidity around 45%-50% and then raise in the last 3 days to 60%-62%.. 99.5-101 depending on your bator.. these are serama which are native to a tropical country, keep that in mind.. they take 19-20 days to hatch. i remove from the turner once i see the first pip. but that is me..

review

big end up

19-20 days to hatch

99.5-101 degrees

45-50% humidity for 17 days

60-62% humidity for the remaining hatch

frank

Last edited:
I think I may be the next serama queen, lol. I ordered a very expensive roo, getting hens from Frank, and now 14 eggs from him too.
he.gif
th.gif
Here we go, lol.
pop.gif
I hope I do this right, I have flukers thermometers, are they worth anything? I am taking Franks advice on everything that has to do with seramas, he even had the vote of whether or not I bought the expensive rooster, lol. Makes you feel special don't it Frank, lol.
hugs.gif

peeps, the Flukers is okay if you got one that was okay, LOL. I bought one and it would jump two degrees then down three and it jumped so much, no way to know what the temp really was. I exchanged it and the new one is more stable.

yeah, serama will probably be different. I read today on the conservancy (sp), that you can expect Jersey Giants to take up to 2 extra days to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom