Just a Hello from Anchorage

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by iltis74, Dec 27, 2009.

1. iltis74

iltis74 New Egg

Nov 29, 2009
    Well first off, I have no chickens yet, only the intention of building a coop and filling it with a half-dozen or so in the spring, but I've been poking around here a bit lately and figured I aught to say hello anyways. I have a few friends with chickens so I am not completely unsure of what I am getting myself into, though I've never kept pets myself. That too is about to change as I am currently also searching for a dog. I recently have bought a lot off lower DeArmoun in southern Anchorage, Alaska, 0.385 acres with a mobile home and garage, in desperate need of a larger shed and in years to come, a house. I'm currently thinking some egg layers year-round supplemented with a batch of meat chickens in the summers, and if all goes well I could see myself looking into ducks and turkeys in the future too. One step at a time though.

A little about me would be- I'm living the bachelor lifestyle, getting more and more out of shape as the years go by, and have a hankering for both guns and aircooled VW's. Blue collar through and through though with surprisingly little construction experience. That should change a bit in the spring.

Anyhow, I've a few more months to research, then I'll jump aboard the crazy boat with the lot of you folks. Cheers.
  2. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
  3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from washington

lived in Anchorage a long time ago- 30 years ago

4. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    [​IMG] from Alaska

I am about 329 miles North of you!