Just a Kid

Just a kid

Songster
7 Years
Mar 7, 2016
Hi, I'm Just a kid and really I am just a kid, I cant even get a job yet, but I still love chickens! I have two hens right now but I hope to get more soon. I have an all black well I'm not really sure what my hens are when we bought them the lady didn't tell us! Well anyways I have one really small black hen named Baldwin and one bigger (but still really small) white hen named Beauty. Baldwin was given her name by my sister because when we bought her she had a bald spot on her head Beauty was named by my other sister which is supposedly her "owner" but I'm really the one who takes care of her. In total I have only owned about 14 chickens in my entire life so my experience is very limited, that's why I'm here I need help and I think I can get it here!
-Just a Kid

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us! If I may, I'd like to say that you are not "just" a kid. A kid - thats fine, but nobody is "just" anything
smile.png
The thing we have in common here at BYC is our love of keeping chickens - makes no difference how old any member is, and i can assure you that even the older members of BYC still learn something new every now and again
smile.png
Maybe if you can post pics of your hens members can help out with the breed.

If you check out the Learning Centre, you'll find a whole host of resources on all things chicken.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread). In fact, the search box should become your best friend
cid:72343587-E4D5-49FE-ABD9-FC042197A8B2
Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
CT

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! CT has left you a great link to check out for the learning centre. Lots of fab articles there that will really help you take care of your hens.

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

welcome-byc.gif

You're not "just" a kid...you're a full-fledged BYC member! If you need any help, use the Search bar or ask questions. There's always something new to learn about the poultry we care for.

It's nice to have you here!

Hi, I'm Just a kid and really I am just a kid, I cant even get a job yet, but I still love chickens! I have two hens right now but I hope to get more soon. I have an all black well I'm not really sure what my hens are when we bought them the lady didn't tell us! Well anyways I have one really small black hen named Baldwin and one bigger (but still really small) white hen named Beauty. Baldwin was given her name by my sister because when we bought her she had a bald spot on her head Beauty was named by my other sister which is supposedly her "owner" but I'm really the one who takes care of her. In total I have only owned about 14 chickens in my entire life so my experience is very limited, that's why I'm here I need help and I think I can get it here!
-Just a Kid
Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock. If you want to learn what kinds of chickens you have you can post pictures here and in What Breed Is This? forum. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. It's good to start raising poultry at a young age so you know a lot when you get older. I started raising poultry when I was 6. I'm now 18 and through high school if there was a question referring poultry students and teachers would ask me.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, we are very glad to have you join us. Is your avatar your artwork? It is beautiful. You may want to join your state thread to see what is going on around you. Maybe someday you would like to join 4H or FFofA.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, we are very glad to have you join us. Is your avatar your artwork? It is beautiful. You may want to join your state thread to see what is going on around you. Maybe someday you would like to join 4H or FFofA.

Great suggestion. I enjoyed showing poultry in both. Right now in FFA I'm teaching other students on how to show poultry. If you wish to learn I can help.

Back
Top Bottom