Just a little coop progress update.

Thanks everyone... It has taken a long time as I do not have all that much time to work on it durning weekdays.

Carla, the door is more secure than it looks. There is also a bit of a "twist" on the door that requires you to push the top of the door in to latch it and there are wood strips like a house door on the jamb for the door to press against. The girls are in the coop and locked in for the night as well.

The nest boxes are shown in the first photo, and up towards the top. (In primer) the bare wood below it will be replaced with another small screen door on hinges.

cc-20.jpg

cc-21.jpg

The fencing will come off when the get closer to egg-laying. I am trying to keep them from the habit of sleeping in there.
cc-23.jpg

And one of the inside, although it is far from done. I want to re-work a rafter inside so they don't roost on the rafters. Then I will make a roost that is not quite as high, but well higher than the nests. The water and feed are both outside now too. I don't have a "wide angle" view of the inside, but I will try to add some for the next update on the "spoiled six".

I will tell you, these dang birds better lay golden eggs, because they are in serious debt to me right now!
lol.png

I'm sure the girls will love it & give you many years of enjoyment.

Female Firefighter Sue

Back
Top Bottom