Just a nice little story

Emelyn

Crowing
Mar 14, 2021
-
Hey guys I don't have any problems with my flock right now but I have cute little story to share. My chicken thinks she's a duck and yes you read that correctly. It all started a few months ago when I introduced my 3 month old chickens to my 4 month old ducks. Sadly though I had 1 chicken who was always bullied by the chickens so she just kinda gave up on trying to fit in with the other chickens so she started to hang out with my ducks but my ducks did not greet her very well. They always bit her and pecked her but my chicken did not give up on trying to be friends with the ducks. After a few months more of pecking and biting the ducks decided to finally start letting the chicken hang out with them more so now the chicken sleeps close to them, eats when they do and her behavior changed! she used to let me cuddle and pet her a lot but since the ducks act pretty scared around me I guess she was influenced by the ducks so now she sort of does the same but she still lets me cuddle and pet her. You might be wondering right now "Does the chicken still hang with the other chickens?" she does actually when I let them free range but for some reason within 10 minutes she gets bored of them and starts hanging out with the ducks again. I hope you enjoyed my little story!

Thank you for an uplifting and adorable chicken story! Needed it to lift my spirits after writing a post about a rooster killed by an opossum. Thank you again. Sweet little "ugly duckling" of a chicken has found her tribe. 🐔❤️ #chickenlove
I am so happy you enjoyed my story ❤️ I'm so sorry for your loss I hope one day you will be able to get another rooster that was just as great as your other one. At least he's in a better place now getting to be able to eat as much mealworms as he wants and doing whatever he wants without having to worry about any opossum attack again.

I am so happy you enjoyed my story ❤️ I'm so sorry for your loss I hope one day you will be able to get another rooster that was just as great as your other one. At least he's in a better place now getting to be able to eat as much mealworms as he wants and doing whatever he wants without having to worry about any opossum attack again.
It was a wonderful little story, charming and funny. Thank you for the kind condolences. We really can't keep a rooster now (have one normal beak one to re-home), as my dear SIL is very sound sensitive, works at night thru dawn in a home office (and the roos have been making him bonkers). That is so sweet, what you wrote about him being in a better place now, in chicken heaven (made tears come to my eyes). Thank you! x 🐔❤️

It was a wonderful little story, charming and funny. Thank you for the kind condolences. We really can't keep a rooster now (have one normal beak one to re-home), as my dear SIL is very sound sensitive, works at night thru dawn in a home office (and the roos have been making him bonkers). That is so sweet, what you wrote about him being in a better place now, in chicken heaven (made tears come to my eyes). Thank you! x 🐔❤️
Good luck with selling your roosters! I would LOVE to have a rooster but in my area in New York it's illegal :(

Hey guys I don't have any problems with my flock right now but I have cute little story to share. My chicken thinks she's a duck and yes you read that correctly. It all started a few months ago when I introduced my 3 month old chickens to my 4 month old ducks. Sadly though I had 1 chicken who was always bullied by the chickens so she just kinda gave up on trying to fit in with the other chickens so she started to hang out with my ducks but my ducks did not greet her very well. They always bit her and pecked her but my chicken did not give up on trying to be friends with the ducks. After a few months more of pecking and biting the ducks decided to finally start letting the chicken hang out with them more so now the chicken sleeps close to them, eats when they do and her behavior changed! she used to let me cuddle and pet her a lot but since the ducks act pretty scared around me I guess she was influenced by the ducks so now she sort of does the same but she still lets me cuddle and pet her. You might be wondering right now "Does the chicken still hang with the other chickens?" she does actually when I let them free range but for some reason within 10 minutes she gets bored of them and starts hanging out with the ducks again. I hope you enjoyed my little story!
Cute story. I think you “Have your ducks in a row “ in this situation! :D

Back
Top Bottom