Just a pen...not a Coop & run.....

longlegz86

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 23, 2012
Rutherfordton NC
Ok I really dont have a Coop And Run....Mine is more of a Pen enclosure with nest boxes. I was wondering if this is going to be ok for the chickens or do I need to fix it somehow. I am going to make a smaller pen and am trying to figure out what I did wrong on this one. Thanks

And yes..my idea for the top of the boxes didnt work :(

I love your nesting boxes :)

They will need something more to protect them from predators and the elements.

That chicken wire won't stand up against a hungry raccoon, and that tarp will tear under the weight of snow.

I love your nesting boxes
smile.png

They will need something more to protect them from predators and the elements.
That chicken wire won't stand up against a hungry raccoon, and that tarp will tear under the weight of snow.

I have some other fencing I was going to add on it but I think the holes in it are too big. I wasnt sure what to put on the top. I was going to add paneling like I had on the sides but that can get pricey. I guess I will have to figure out something. I was hoping I wouldnt get much snow and it would be ok. I can always clean it off...alot..LOL

Do you think they will be warm enough like this? I hear they are naturally warm and can do ok on their own...Want to make sure though........

I have some other fencing I was going to add on it but I think the holes in it are too big. I wasnt sure what to put on the top. I was going to add paneling like I had on the sides but that can get pricey. I guess I will have to figure out something. I was hoping I wouldnt get much snow and it would be ok. I can always clean it off...alot..LOL

Do you think they will be warm enough like this? I hear they are naturally warm and can do ok on their own...Want to make sure though........
They will need wind cover. I wouldn't overwinter my chickens in this coop, but it gets really cold here.

If you wintered it like above, you could pull it off.

Back
Top Bottom